iPhone 4: AT&T isn't the only thing stopping people from making calls

Last Updated:

1. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

2. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

3. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

zomg its on the evo4 forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! kill it with fire!
  4. Jordus

Jordus Well-Known Member

5. CPR

CPR Well-Known Member

You have got to be kidding me. If you thought finding an Evo in stock was hard, the poor schmucks that have to wait for a replacement iPhone 4 are going to stroke out.

I may be losing it, but i swear i see some light bleed from the bottom of the iPhone in one of those pictures (bottom left).
  6. Brian360

Brian360 Well-Known Member

We're gonna wait in line for three hours to get an Iphone 4 in the morning. I'll just play with my Evo during the wait. 3 hours should be plenty of time to kill the battery, haha
  7. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

All you people who consistently post comparisons with or about the iPhone, reaffirm the opinion that the iPhone is the phone to compare all other phone to... Is that really necessary? EVERY phone can have faults... especially the first generation of new tech... so whatever.

And when all the Evo's faults came out, people use that to say it's a crap phone which we know it isn't. The iphone is still a nice phone regardless... just like the Evo is still a nice phone despite all the faults that have been brought to light.
    rdub53 likes this.
  8. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

The God Phone can not be flawed, say it aint so.
  9. jerzeywill

jerzeywill Well-Known Member

10. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

Damn the mods are going to be busy tonite.
  11. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

12. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

13. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Just goes to show every phone has flaws. The lost signal one is kind of scary though :eek:
  14. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

Why is this in the EVO section? Can we get this moved? Hopefully to an Apple forum.
  15. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Oh noes....."
    The Battery

[Mine's at] 49% [after 4.5 hours] with what I'd call moderate use. Some email, some twitter. Some phone calls. Doesn't seem like improvement"
  16. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Edit: My post was originally a thread but it got moved into here...

iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

Thought some of you might be interested in whats going on with the not yet released iphone 4. I guess reality set in a bit early?? :confused:

Just check out the comments!

"sh***y antenna, sh***y screens. man, i'm really regretting shelling out that $450 now."

"While this may not be affecting calls, it certainly affects data. I can easily reproduce this on Speedtest and when trying to load webpages. The progress bar in Safari comes to a dead halt until I let get of the phone. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that nothing will/can be done apart from getting a case or learning to hold your phone a certain way"

Also, some are reporting issues with the screen on their phone as well:

iPhone 4 Displays Have Yellow Discoloration Bands and Spots

It'll be interesting to see how all this plays out. Its obviously to early to make any kind of judgments because the phone hasn't even been released yet but still interesting none the less
  17. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Well it's a direct competitor. Plus I am comparing it to the EVO.
  18. nizmoz

nizmoz Well-Known Member

Alll they all got merged.
  19. Dose

Dose Well-Known Member

So we all know our evos have problems. But look the iPhone4 has problems already. They can't even make phone calls with their left hand...calls drooping left and right...well more so left. I am happy with the Evo, when I first got it I looked for all its problems and read all the reports...but my battery life is decent enuff and this phone does everything and its quick. It has its issues...but atleast I can make a phone call with any hand ha!
    Eric-VTX likes this.
  20. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you brought this up. So many people were ragging on the Evo and saying how other phones were better.

New products have to be Cappa-tested in the real world and when they are, flaws are discovered (and hopefully fixed).
  21. Dose

Dose Well-Known Member

Yeah and atleast they plan on fixing the issues...atleast that's what they tell us.
  22. johnrigu

johnrigu Well-Known Member

rdub53 likes this.
  23. donatom3

donatom3 Member

Except the reception issue may turn out to be a design flaw that will affect all iPhones not just select ones.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
  24. unclebuck

unclebuck New Member

I came here today because I am also having some annoying problems with my camera blacking out here and there. And some other little problems and glitches. I only have the phone 3 days I had to pull the battery about six times. Since sprint has a 30 day satisfaction guarantee I plan on giving the phone a chance. Because I also have a storm and this phone blows it away in so many departments I really hope they can sort out the BS we are dealing with.