• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone 4 Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzgeneral

May 29, 2010
I am sick of seeing all of these comparisons showing that the new Iphone's video recording is superior to the EVO. Where were camera comparisons when the Iphone had a crappy 3.2 mp and phones like the Droid or even Hero had far superior optics. I dint see any comparisons when my HTC Diamond had 3 times the resolution of the previous Iphones. Heck where were the comparisons and mentions when the Iphone couldn't even simply shoot video at all which isn't too long ago? How about comparing front facing camera quality, browser speed, screen size, 3g speed, network quality, actually being able to enjoy the high speed web (not edge) without caps and extra fees, 4G speed (oh my bad), HDMI out (hmm,sorry again), video calling over 3G(starting to see a pattern here), and a myriad of other things. I am tired of fanbois ignoring the obvious shortcomings while only manifying the positives. . Its funny/hilarious to me that the Iphone 3GS was the Lord of all phones a couple months ago, but in order to highlight the improvements of the new Iphone they trash it and effectively chalk it up to nothing more than having 5 year old technology and features. Whatever is convenient for the advancement of the Apple argument at any specific moment seems to be the normal mode of operation. Just my 2 cents....errr...rant...LOL.

Reactions: AlChemist44
I am sick of seeing all of these comparisons showing that the new Iphone's video recording is superior to the EVO. Where were camera comparisons when the Iphone had a crappy 3.2 mp and phones like the Droid or even Hero had far superior optics. I dint see any comparisons when my HTC Diamond had 3 times the resolution of the previous Iphones. Heck where were the comparisons and mentions when the Iphone couldn't even simply shoot video at all which isn't too long ago? How about comparing front facing camera quality, browser speed, screen size, 3g speed, network quality, actually being able to enjoy the high speed web (not edge) without caps and extra fees, 4G speed (oh my bad), HDMI out (hmm,sorry again), video calling over 3G(starting to see a pattern here), and a myriad of other things. I am tired of fanbois ignoring the obvious shortcomings while only manifying the positives. . Its funny/hilarious to me that the Iphone 3GS was the Lord of all phones a couple months ago, but in order to highlight the improvements of the new Iphone they trash it and effectively chalk it up to nothing more than having 5 year old technology and features. Whatever is convenient for the advancement of the Apple argument at any specific moment seems to be the normal mode of operation. Just my 2 cents....errr...rant...LOL.

This is normal operating procedure for Apple and it's fans. Although the history of Apple vs Mac is a game of leapfrog Apple always advertises when they are ahead. So for a year or two they are ahead on speed in Gaussian blur tests for Photoshop and that is the most important criteria for them. They don't mention things like when their camera is not as good.
Now they brag that they can sort of multitask with their phone. The basic shape of the new Iphone 4 is very similar to my Instinct. Then they said the Instinct was clunky with it's squared off edges while the iphone was perfectly schulpted for the hand. Now the Iphone 4 is perfect industrial design. Yeah.

Upvote 0
The iPhone is a better phone in many ways. However, the Evo also has some distinct advantages that will appeal to many people.

The real question is why do other people's opinions elicit an emotional response from you? Why are you "...sick of seeing.." other people's opinions?

You're ranting about people expressing their opinion. Your rant is you expressing your opinion... about other people's opinions. Do you not see the irony?

Why not spend the same energy enjoying your phone and discussing things about it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones