iPhone 4 to Streak? Would you?General

Last Updated:

1. mkilci1

mkilci1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been an Iphone user (Jailbroken and customized all the way) since earlier versions.
    I have tried to switch to Android platform with Evo and Samsung Captivate and due to lack of 2.2 at the time and all kinds of issues (GPS, download speeds etc.) havent done it.

What are your thoughts? Anyone X iphone 4 users out there? How does the screen compare? Coming from Retina is tough with any other phone, even Amoled?

Thanks for feedback. I am about to pull the trigger on a new Streak.:D

Advertisement
  2. falconeight

falconeight Well-Known Member

My wife has a iphone and I have the streak. I would never use her phone over mine. Its very nice but the screen is tiny.

3. mkilci1

mkilci1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No Froyo. I am pissed. But like it so far. I will post my impressions here as I use and abuse the device.

Anyone has any specific questions while I have all 3 devices, iPad, iPhone 4 and Streak :D? Let me know....

4. AndroidAlien

AndroidAlien Member

i have a 3gs , and the streak. they are both completeley different phones.

you need to look into the pros and cons of each phone for you. iphone 4 is very expensive to be making the wrong decision

5. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I have been using iphone 3g since almost 2 years and just also bought Streak 5 and this is my 3rd day on it. I love streak over iphone 4, as buying iphone 4 is complete waste of money, instead go for 3gs. I thought of buying iphone 4, but i stopped because i must have same apps, same OS and GUI in iphone 4 as 3g.

6. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I came from a BB Curve and never had a Fruit product, never understood the fascination for them either, tiny little screen, etc. I had been waiting for the Streak since last March, but the release was so mess up, lack of support from At&t and grossly overpriced, made it out of my reach.

In Nov. of last year, I converted to a Sony X10 with a 4" screen (my Blackberry was 2.5 years old but still functional). I couldn't handle the small screen and couldn't even consider using something smaller (Iphone).

Then Best Buys put the Streak on sale for $99 and I converted 2 days before Xmas. At first the experience was very similar to the X10 with 1.6 but then the device finally got updated included Swype and it has been great ever since.

The only App I can't find yet is NetFlex, otherwise I am more than happy with the device, almost wish it was bigger :D

7. DellStreakLuv

DellStreakLuv Active Member

Hi Nb Mitch,
    I feel you on the NetFlix - if they finally get that added I think I might loose my mind with excitement. I've been enjoying this phone so much - it is by far the best I've ever owned. Let me know if you hear anything about Netflix please :)

8. M3D1C

M3D1C Member

I upgraded from ifail 3g to the streak and loving every moment of it. The ifail is an overpriced piece of crap.

9. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

I am using iphone 3g since 2 years and noq I bought streak it has froyo 2.2
    i have both phones but I must say streak simply takes the cake in everything compares to iphone.

10. M3D1C

M3D1C Member

yeah I was going to keep the iphone as an ipod until i played with the streak for about 6 hours. sold my 3g for 80 bucks the next day.

11. jack58

jack58 Well-Known Member

After fiddling around for a couple days and several hours at Best Buy with the iPhone4 & Dell Streak 5, I got the Dell. I had these phone prior and the Streak smokes them all easily.

{Previous Phones}
    1. T-Mobile Motorola Razor
    2. T-Mobile Sidekick
    3. T-Mobile Blackjack II
    4. T-Mobile Blackberry Storm
    5. AT&T iPhone 3G
    6. AT&T Backflip
    7. AT&T Sony Experia X10
    8. AT&T Samsung Captivate
    {Current Phone}
    AT&T Dell Streak

12. PasiS

PasiS Well-Known Member

I also had 3GS and iP4, tried iPad and Galaxy Tab in between and now I'm totally satisfied with my Dell Streak. With Froyo, things just work, and the Flash especially

13. kosenn

kosenn New Member

I had all the iphone models except the 3gs. Jailbroke all of them. I sold my iphone 4 on ebay and have no regrets. Besides a better overall user experience, there is the Cool factor.