• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help iPhone 4 videos e-mailed appear corrupt on Android handset

King Mustard

Dec 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I record a short 5-second video on my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.2.1) and send it to a friend (<number>@mms.uscc.net (U.S. Cellular)) who using a Samsung Galaxy S (Android 2.2) handset.

It used to work fine. However, now video I've sent recently are corrupted (lots of colored lines when viewing).

I have had her forward it back to my Hotmail address and it is definitely corrupt, so it's not her handset at fault.

It appears to be received as a .3gp file, so I presume U.S. Cellular converted it to that before it's received by my friend (as I don't believe the iPhone 4 e-mails videos out in that format).

I've e-mailed videos from my iPhone 4 to others, they appear fine on their end.

Videos she's made on her handset work fine when sent to my Hotmail account.

It seems to me that U.S. Cellular's 3gp conversion is at fault, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones