Iphone 4 vs HTC IncredibleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. jaybeewaybee

jaybeewaybee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

A friend of mine just got his IPhone 4 and the first thing he mentioned was how great the screen looked. After I showed him my DInc screen at 75% brightness, the big smile dissappeared from his face. Also the DInc's BIGGER screen looked far more impressive. Made the IPhone look tiny by comparison.

Advertisement
    joemg, GrandMasterB, JA1234 and 8 others like this.
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Thank you.

3. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Love it! :D

4. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

So what else did you notice about the iPhone 4? What were you thoughts? (compared to the DInc)

5. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

There's no doubt, that's a tiny screen. Evo and Droid X might be a bit big for a lot of people, but iPhone is just too small in my opinion,and DI is just right. Not to mention Apple wanted to use our AMOLED screen at first, but decided to go in a different direction due to the supply problem.

6. gorenut

gorenut Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how many potential iPhone users Apple lost by being stuck on ATT. Not that they're hurting financially or in the zealous fanbase department by any means.. but before I had my Inc, the only reason why I didn't get an iPhone was because they weren't on Verizon. I even waited years before making the smartphone jump hoping Apple would come to Verizon. When the Inc came out, I finally caved in and now I can never see myself going to an iPhone - especially going any smaller on screen size.

I still respect and acknowledge many of the iPhone's strong points (definitely jealous on how many accessories they get) but its to the point where most of the features seem more like fluff (atleast for my needs).

7. slackfumasta

slackfumasta Well-Known Member

The screen on the iphone 4 is quite nice IMO; text looks beautiful due to the high resolution. I only got to play with one for a short while yesterday when a coworker got his.

I actually liked the screen better on the iphone than on the Inc, but that's probably because I have a crappy anti-glare screen protector on mine. I've been waiting for my steinheil CC ones to show up for like three weeks I think.

Other than that, the iphone 4 just felt like, well, an iphone. Same home screen style, same browser, same icons, same everything except limited multitasking. Definitely wasn't much of a game-changer the way the Android phones in the past year have been.

The front facing video camera was nice though.

8. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

I'm the same as you, I didn't even know about the Incredible until searching for Verizon Iphone rumors then saw an article for the Incredible and after looking into it more I jumped on it and don't regret it at all. The only thing that I really want on the Incredible is a front facing camera so I can video chat.

Now with that said if an Iphone comes to VZW and it blows my mind I'll jump from the Android bandwagon, same goes for the W7 phones.

***IMO Iphone looks so much sexier than the DInc though

9. Mastermind

Mastermind Well-Known Member

This is the reason why I didn't get an iPhone. I want a homescreen, not a home app drawer. I love my iPod Touch, but the UI is just uninspired and boring. The iPhone would've been more of the same.

10. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

next time tell him to use it with his left hand, too lol

BadAsh and joemega2010 like this.
  11. crazydog

crazydog Well-Known Member

I just pulled out my old iPhone 2G yesterday to test the wireless tether, and I know what you mean. The screen on the iPhone is TINY! :p

Also, I kept trying to hit the back button on the iPhone. You know, the one that is on the incredible. :p

12. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I normally would not sink to this level and just quietly laugh from the sidelines to myself, but two of my jack**s friends just sent me pics from the Apple store on 5th ave in NYC where they are waiting to get phones....

Some moron has one of those portable scrolling signs with a stop watch counting down to the "official come and get it" time and everyone is staring at it!!

It looks like a bunch of INSANE sheep!!! Not sure why this struck me as sooooo funny, but I am cracking up!

EDIT: OMG and the security presence, like the pope mobile will be pulling up to the curb any second!!!

13. Sorbert

Sorbert Well-Known Member

post the pic so we can all crack up here

UHF3 and necosino like this.
  14. jaybeewaybee

jaybeewaybee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thought that it was very elegantly designed, but ultimately, boring. Great apps, but the phone itself has all the technological fun factor as the freezer in my garage.
    Screen just did not 'pop' like it does on my phone. He had to turn up his brightness all the way to even get close to the DInc at 75%. Still, it was not as contrasty.
    I hope Apple sells a gazillion of these things, though. I own a lot of their stock! HA!

15. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

I'm working on it... :D

16. bird jam

bird jam Well-Known Member

I played with a co-worker's iPhone this morning, and I disagree about the screen. I love everything else about my DInc more, but the iPhone's screen is pretty amazing.

17. gmaellex01

gmaellex01 Well-Known Member

Same experience yesterday. That screen is really small. It's like the smallest screen of any of the major smartphones out right now. And the phone's basically the same size because the 3mm the iPhone took off the thickness is hardly noticeable. So you wind up with a phone that feels like its the same size but with this dinky screen. At least if you're comparing an Inc and an EVO the EVO has a bigger screen but it actually is a much larger box. iPhone's screen is a disappointment :(.

The screen would be a lot nicer if it was a little bit bigger. I guess I just had high-hopes for the new display.

18. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

So much for "thinking different" eh?

19. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing your had your mind made up before you even saw his screen. :rolleyes: I like the phone, the network is another story.

mrspeedmaster likes this.
  20. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

We have a few fanboys at the office. None of they are as excited as they thought they would be. Same phone. Different form factor.

We did compare my Dinc screen to the iPhone. Most thought the Dinc was better.

21. NoShftShck16

NoShftShck16 Well-Known Member

WHAT?! Oh man I couldn't disagree more, but to each his own.

22. Karuk

Karuk Well-Known Member

Our company president (palm pre fanboy) just took my Dinc and another employees iPhone 4. He agreed the Dinc screen looks better. More vibrant.

He said the metal band should be flush with the glass back and front of the iPhone. Said the sharp edged take away from the comfortable hand feel the 3GS has. Felt the phone is no longer revolutionary. Just one in the crowd.

He also said the Dinc back cover is ugly and the red accent needs to go.

23. omgitswes

omgitswes Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about the screen or anything, just the look of the hardware. I think the DINC should be a tad bit wider

24. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

A lower resolution, non super amoled screen is better than the iphone 4's....yup

That sounds about right. If you happen to be blind.

25. evilotto

evilotto Well-Known Member

You do realize that the iphone is not super amoled either right? and only slightly higher res on a smaller screen. One nice thing about the iphone display though, the yellow discoloration splotches on the screen are crystal clear