IPhone 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant

Last Updated:

1. JohnJeans

JohnJeans Member This Topic's Starter

Even I got the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant which is very nice and I still don't know if it's better than IPhone 4 regarding office apps. ( good Calender..Memo..dialing access...) ..??!!!

Advertisement
  2. Reap

Reap Well-Known Member

look up onyoutube galaxy s lag fix. It's way faster than Iphone

To be more specific in what ways do you wonder if the Vibrant is better than the Iphone 4? Camera, browser speed, gaming?

JohnJeans likes this.
  3. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

thats going to depend largely on which app you use, which in itself is the beauty of both platforms. there are many to choose from. go look at the app store, and the market, and find out which aps will work better for *you*.

theres half a dozen dialers that are popular, and at least for me, google calendar is fantastic.

JohnJeans likes this.
  4. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

its personal preference... the iPhone has a FFC and a flash... but if you would use those two things a lot the iPhone may be better... although I would get an evo over an iPhone in that case... i obviously got the galaxy s over the evo if that says anything about the galaxy s.

JohnJeans likes this.
  5. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

I had a Captivate and returned it for an iPhone4 due to the GPS issue. iPhone4 is better for Outlook (Corporate or Personal) email. The Apple app store is better as well, you don't see so many crappy apps like you do in the Android Market. Both phones have their pros/cons, depends what you want it for. The only problem I see with the Evo is that the battery doesn't last as much. The Retina display on the iPhone is super sharp but you are looking at a smaller screen 3.5". As for surfing the web, they're about the same with the iPhone occassionally coming in slightly ahead. But keep in mind that if you are running Android 2.2, you get Flash, something you won't see on an iPhone. The other thing I like about Apple is if you have an iPhone/iPad/iTouch you don't have to buy an app for each of them or music for that matter. As long as all are under your same iTunes account, these get synced across devices. In the case of Android, you have to buy the app for each phone you own.

JohnJeans likes this.
  6. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

i've had an android phone since the G1 came out. the same apps i bought more than two years ago i still can download again to my vibrant for free. You must not know alot about google, their phones, and how it all works. I've put the same apps on my g1, behold 2, vibrant, and so on.

its the same music, its synced to..who would have known, YOUR GOOGLE ACCOUNT.

JohnJeans likes this.
  7. wellmiss

wellmiss Member

I have an unlocked iPhone that I used on Tmobile. It was really starting to lag, nearly 30 seconds from the time I would hit my contacts until the contact list actually came up. I am sure that it had a lot to do with running an older version of OS (3.0) and the apps started to not work, they either needed updating and or when they would update they wouldn't work with my old OS.

I am keeping my iPhone and using it as a back up and as an iTouch, I can still email and play my games, that have not yet made to the Android Market.

Would I go back to an iPhone, maybe if it were avail on Tmobile. I am still getting used to the Vibrant, and so far so good.

JohnJeans likes this.
  8. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

BS...there are a ton of crappy Apps in Apples App store. I used to have an iphone myself and sure there are many good apps. Many crappy apps too.

The Apps arent even anything that sways me one way or another because i know Android will have many more apps coming and i have the ones i had on my iPhone asside from a couple but ive also got a couple i didnt have on teh iPhone so im good.

JohnJeans likes this.
  9. Chief317

Chief317 Member

I had on old iphone 2g jailbroken and unlocked using it on Tmobile. It got so bogged down with cracked apps I think I ruined the phone. I have Vibrant now I really like alot now better than I did when I had the Iphone.

JohnJeans likes this.
  10. JohnJeans

JohnJeans Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you Reap,and all of you,
    As I stated in my thread that I'm interested in Office apps. which Phone is more convinient for business like Calender ..Memo..Dialing access..etc...
    Today I went to Bell Canada store and I make comparison between IPhone 4 & Samsung then I found that Samsung won because with it I can expand the memory until 32G, and 4" screen ( larger than IPhone 3.5") then I can type easly by turnning the phone horisontely and get more space to type on larger button, the batery can be replaced in Samsung while not in IPhone..Android is quickly advancing on IOS...

11. duc916

duc916 Well-Known Member

The camera in my iPhone4 beats all. Its back-illuminated CMOS sensor (google Sony Exmor-R for more info on this type of sensor) produces MUCH cleaner low-light pics without flash than my wife's Vibrant. Turn on the built-in HDR feature and ... I'd almost buy the phone JUST to use the camera. It's that good. In-camera HDR will be the next big thing in camera bodies, because once people start understanding just how crappy the dynamic range is in today's CMOS sensors (compared to the good old days of film), they'll demand it. The Vibrant cam is decent, but not even close to the iPhone4's.

High dynamic range imaging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But which phone do I prefer to look at pictures on? Without a doubt, the Vibrant. SAMOLED>IPS... :)