• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chrlswltrs

Extreme Android User
Nov 12, 2009
Seattle
So now that we know pretty much everything that the iPhone 4 will have, and I think this confirms it is real Apple Demands Prototype iPhone Back - Mac Rumors who will be getting the iPhone over android.

It pretty much has everything that the EVO has, so who is definitely getting one, who is going to keep an open mind, and who is keeping android regardless of what the iPhone has?

I am keeping an open mind, the deal breaker for any phone right now is Verizon.

So now that we know pretty much everything that the iPhone 4 will have, and I think this confirms it is real Apple Demands Prototype iPhone Back - Mac Rumors who will be getting the iPhone over android.

It pretty much has everything that the EVO has, so who is definitely getting one, who is going to keep an open mind, and who is keeping android regardless of what the iPhone has?

yes why? if you want an iphone go get you one..

Upvote 0

yea well.. anyone can type up a letter claiming to be apple. Secondly, how is the new iPhone going to be as good as the evo.. I switched from the iPhone back to Android as I realized that the iPhone is years backward compared to modern technology.. Imagine, multitasking, front-facing cameras, MMS and video recording were there ages ago, yet these were only just implemented (will be implemented as the case may be) on the iPhone within the last year (or going to be released this year). Am keeping my droid

Upvote 0
yea well.. anyone can type up a letter claiming to be apple. Secondly, how is the new iPhone going to be as good as the evo.. I switched from the iPhone back to Android as I realized that the iPhone is years backward compared to modern technology.. Imagine, multitasking, front-facing cameras, MMS and video recording were there ages ago, yet these were only just implemented (will be implemented as the case may be) on the iPhone within the last year (or going to be released this year). Am keeping my droid

Didn't you know? Apple inventing front facing cameras.

Upvote 0

Wow, guess you never heard of jailbreaking your iPhone then eh? People who did had all that stuff years ago. Try searching the internet once in awhile :)

Upvote 0
This is the LOUNGE, meaning OFF TOPIC, meaning most posts here will not be about ANDROID. Feel free to visit the other 424 sub forums in here for plenty of Android talk though...

Your correct not going to argue there, so you have to jailbreak the iphone just to get some kind of customization, what a joke i spend my own money but yet i can't do what i want with the device then you want me to manage everything through itunes..please keep that over hype sh@#

Upvote 0
Wow, guess you never heard of jailbreaking your iPhone then eh? People who did had all that stuff years ago. Try searching the internet once in awhile :)
LFMAOOOO

Hi mbell75. How are you? FYI, My job is tech and internet based, so dont be smart k, ;). Jailbreaking allowed a lot of possibilities, however, by default the phone lacked a lot. Android and other mobile OS allowed a lot of capabilities without having to go through other means to execute some form of "freedom in modern possibilities"

A powerful device should not have to be modified to achieve basic modern day standards, these things should be expected, until then I hold onto my statement that Apple is years backward in terms of modern technology

Upvote 0
LFMAOOOO

Hi mbell75. How are you? FYI, My job is tech and internet based, so dont be smart k, ;). Jailbreaking allowed a lot of possibilities, however, by default the phone lacked a lot. Android and other mobile OS allowed a lot of capabilities without having to go through other means to execute some form of "freedom in modern possibilities"

A powerful device should not have to be modified to achieve basic modern day standards, these things should be expected, until then I hold onto my statement that Apple is years backward in terms of modern technology

Then why do soooo many people ROOT their Android phones and install custom ROMs? Most do it for increases in speed to laggy dialers, keyboards and other functions as well as overall performance upgrades. Thats the same as a jailbreak on an iPhone. A powerful device like a Droid or Nexus One should not have to be rooted and slapped with a custom ROM to increase speed and performance, these things should be expected...Pot, meet kettle :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
thought this forum was about ANDROID and helping android phone owners,the members i'm sure if they wanted an iphone they would not be here.

I created this post to get the opinion of other android owners. If you noticed my device it is a Droid. I just wanted to see what people thought since the iPhone will be leapfrogging the nexus one and incredible in a couple months.

I gave my opinion, if it is on verizon I will keep an open mind when it is released. I have had my Droid too long and am ready for a new phone. In the last 8 years the only phone I have kept for even an entire year was the original iphone and that was only because no one else had caught up. Now we have choices if we want a great device.

Upvote 0
I created this post to get the opinion of other android owners. If you noticed my device it is a Droid. I just wanted to see what people thought since the iPhone will be leapfrogging the nexus one and incredible in a couple months.

I gave my opinion, if it is on verizon I will keep an open mind when it is released. I have had my Droid too long and am ready for a new phone. In the last 8 years the only phone I have kept for even an entire year was the original iphone and that was only because no one else had caught up. Now we have choices if we want a great device.

Leapfrogging? No? Not even close? An underpowered crippled os + a front facing cam you can't make good use of becuase lack of GOOD 3g is not leapfrogging anything except maybe the moto razr.

Upvote 0
Leapfrogging? No? Not even close? An underpowered crippled os + a front facing cam you can't make good use of becuase lack of GOOD 3g is not leapfrogging anything except maybe the moto razr.

More classic trolling. Please tell us. What will you be able to do on a Nexus One or Droid you cant on the iPhone 4.0? And dont say some lame BS like live wallpapers, no one cares enough to choose a phone because of that.

Upvote 0
More classic trolling. Please tell us. What will you be able to do on a Nexus One or Droid you cant on the iPhone 4.0? And dont say some lame BS like live wallpapers, no one cares enough to choose a phone because of that.

Perhaps you should read the post. I said the new iphone won't be leapfrogging the n1. Where did I say the n1 would be better than the iphone?(although now I am saying so, ironically. One thing you can do on an n1 that you can't on iphone? Use google voice app. Another just for good measure? Widgets.)

Your making this too easy mbell.

Upvote 0
Perhaps you should read the post. I said the new iphone won't be leapfrogging the n1. Where did I say the n1 would be better than the iphone?(although now I am saying so, ironically. One thing you can do on an n1 that you can't on iphone? Use google voice app. Another just for good measure? Widgets.)

Your making this too easy mbell.

They have Google Voice for the iPhone from the start :rolleyes: iphones have widgets too. Try searching on Google sometime.

Upvote 0
They have Google Voice for the iPhone from the start :rolleyes: iphones have widgets too. Try searching on Google sometime.

Read the post again.

I said google voice APP. You know, you dont need to fire up the browser to access it? Not to mention complete integration?

You need to jailbreak your iphone to get widgets, not included. We are talking out of box here bud. The average user won't jb/root their phone, so its not included in the discussion.

(Yawn)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones