1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

iPhone 5

1. tdperry

tdperry Well-Known Member

Has everyone seen that an unannounced "feature" of the wondrous new iPhone is that it CANNOT do voice and data at the same time (unless you are on wifi) on the Verizon or Sprint network. Wonder why that feature was not discussed at their fancy announcement. Heck, I'm pretty sure that all recent Android phones on Verizon have that capability. :p

Advertisement
  2. bmied31

bmied31 New Member

From what I understand in order to do both LTE and CDMA it would require a third antenna. The iphone only had room for two. They claim it is still a hardware issue

This is my first post, so I couldn't put a link in, however it's the second or third story on macrumors.com
  3. tdperry

Not fully correct. They chose not to utilize the technology that allows other phones with the same number of antennas in it to so.
  4. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I believe he was correct, everything I have read is that they are using 1 radio for 3g/4g LTE whereas other LTE phones have two separate radios.

Still stupid on their part though.
  5. nateap87

nateap87 Well-Known Member

For my needs, I'd take a single integrated radio over a secondary radio. This would give you much better battery life
  6. tdperry

Qualcom is one chip from my understanding.
  7. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Moved to the Lounge for discussion.
  8. UserName872

UserName872 Well-Known Member

Now look down at your pretty GS3 and be happy that you already have LTE, a bigger screen and every other feature and you're not standing in a massive line waiting for your incremental upgrade! I'll admit, I waited in line for the 3G but driving by ATT stores this morning seeing people waiting just made me laugh.

Happy Friday and enjoy your Galaxy!
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I dont have LTE and the guy at work is waiting for goods-in to contact him. Nothing to do with lines...
  10. UserName872

International version or non-LTE city?
  11. SUroot

Both ;)

Apparently when UK gets LTE (Very shortly), this City will be one of them.
  12. UserName872

That's a good reason Lol.

Hopefully you'll get LTE in the near future! It honestly is flat out awesome. Had my phone hotspot on Wednesday and let all the iOS guys use it to download iOS6.
  13. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

None of that matters. It's all the same.

It's the maps that makes the biggest difference for me.
  14. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I'd guess that it's using black anodised aluminium. That's what happens when it gets scratched and dinged, the bare aluminium is exposed and looks unsightly.

I've noticed the iPhone 4 and 4S always looked pretty good, even when they've obviously had a lot of use. Apart from when the glass gets busted. Probably not going to be so with black iPhone 5s.
  15. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

I have the S3 but also getting an iPhone 5 today, can't wait for it to arrive. :cool:

Woooo!!!!
  16. DonaldGreig

DonaldGreig Well-Known Member

Well my iPhone 5 has arrived and in have to say that it's not better than the S3. Geekbench performance slower, disturbingly video playback on you tube is not as crisp. It also feels cheaper than the 4S. Hmmmm. Have Apple pulled a fast one over us?

Jury still out but I suspect my iPhone 5 will be heading back to its mothership.
  17. r12rtpilot

r12rtpilot Well-Known Member

It's a good thing you have two ears!:smokingsomb:
  18. ryancalif

ryancalif Well-Known Member

Yeah, never been happier to own a Android than today.

It's that genuine feeling of satisfaction (maybe even smugness) that all of us have deep down. :D
  19. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Something that has had me wondering since I saw the specs on the screen and I've been curious ever since. Does it play 720p video without borders? The screen resolution doesn't get up to 720 vertical lines, so is it scaled? Does 720p look good? Etc.
  20. UserName872

It's funny because when I had my original HTC Hero and my Inspire, I had a want for the iPhone on some level, this time around... nothing at all.
  21. hvrc

hvrc Well-Known Member

ive got a couple friends waiting in line to try and get one..... i did convince 1 to try out my s3, so he's grabbing one instead of the iphone after many and many reviews of the s3 and comparisons to the i5, on the other hand, i have a older friend (senior citizen) who swears by apple mobile products and think its the best thing since sliced bread started selling, then i showed him google wallet :) and how i bought our coffee with my phone, and my pack of smokes, needless to say he is very disappointed with apple for no nfc, and a smaller screen, still.
  22. SUroot

Quality felt ok. I had the 5 in my left and the 4s in my right. The 4s is substantially heavier and I preferred that. I agree the 4s seemed better quality
  23. rogueally

rogueally Well-Known Member

Why would you pay this much for a phone? Especially when there are phones that can twice as much? Here in Ohio people are paying upwards to $1100 for the IP5....I mean for $200 more dollars you can buy a Macbook Pro or tons of other things...what do you guys/gals think?
  24. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

What do I think ? I think if we have one more Apple / iPhone related thread on this site I might just go buy one to see what all the hype is about. :pound: :D;)
    NYCHitman1 and KENNECTED like this.