• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Iphone 6 user considering note 4 or nexus 6

iDapzZ87

Lurker
Oct 20, 2014
I have the iPhone 6! But I am very tempted by the note 4 or other androids as mainly due to battery life and screen resolutions other hardware specs.

But on the flip is apps and gaming that much better on iPhone and is it likely to stay that way if it is.

Very indecisive right now help and advice appreciated

I have the iPhone 6! But I am very tempted by the note 4 or other androids as mainly due to battery life and screen resolutions other hardware specs.

But on the flip is apps and gaming that much better on iPhone and is it likely to stay that way if it is.

Very indecisive right now help and advice appreciated

Hi iDapz

The Note 4 is certainly a good device but in terms of many of the hardware specs it's no faster than the iPhone 6 and in some areas it is slower.

For battery life it's cleary better, display resolution is higher but I wouldnt say that's an advantage, it's a disadvantage in some cases like 3d performance and the affect on battery life. As good as the battery life is, it could have been better if they used 1080p instead.

I'm not sure it's true anymore that apps on iOS are of a higher quality but there are more exclusives on iOS and due to the hardware and lower display resolution 3d games run a lot better than they do on Android.

So if gaming is your bag, Android might disappoint and it might not, depends how fussy you are about performance and what games you want to play I guess. :D

Same is true for the Nexus 6 more are less. I doubt the battery life or camera are as good though.

Upvote 0
What a brilliant reply exactly what I needed someone straight down the middle and honest that seems to know.

Very much a big thank you to you sir. Basically the things I like about my phone is longetivity very good app quality. Good picture quality video playback so YouTube etc.

I remember playing a few games on android and iOS and being notibly better and smoother on iOS but didn't know if this was still the case thank you again

Upvote 0
I remember playing a few games on android and iOS and being notibly better and smoother on iOS but didn't know if this was still the case thank you again

Unfortunately that hasn't changed, the only Android device I think might offer a similar experience is the Galaxy S5 Plus which has a Snapdragon 805 SoC with a 1080p display, availability is going to be an issue here, you will probably have to import one.

Or maybe the Xperia Z3 Compact which has Snapdragon 801 and a 720p display.

As your probably aware most Android flagship devices now use 1440p displays with either Snapdragon 801/805, resolution has a huge impact on performance with these mobile GPU's and also battery life.

Gaming is a bit of a sore point for Android, we have the games but just don't have performance to match the latest iPhone which is not something many users here want to admit, but it is the truth.

Anyway, on the plus side battery life is very good on the Note 4 and Android apps in general are of a high quality. That said there is a lot of rubbish on the Play Store but I think that's also true for the App Store as well. ;)

Upvote 0
This discussion seems strangely familiar... :)

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/866667-android-iphone-6-tough-choice.html

http://androidforums.com/device-carrier-comparisons/842932-want-new-phone-whats-best-one.html

http://androidforums.com/device-carrier-comparisons/794156-best-phone-right-now.html

I'm losing count of how many handsets you've tried and got bored with in the last year. It seems, no matter what advice you receive, you're never content for more than a couple of months. :thinking:

p.s. I'm assuming you've lost/forgotten your log-in for your previous account. Please contact the forum Admin (Phases) to have the dupe accounts merged.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Yeah slug I forgot my old user and password and I actually stuck with android for quite a while but then thought the iPhone 6 was quite a big step for Apple so have switched back.

Then I see the specs etc for the note 4 and nexus 6 and wondered if they had actually widened the gap again.

I'm the first to admit in a nightmare with everything I have had over 100 cars. Where I kept swapping them however i have stopped now.

I've had two Xbox ones and two ps4's where I kept changing it stopped that.

I then calmed down with phones for a while and now keep buying trainers and in indecisive on them as well.

:/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones