1. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Supraman21

Supraman21 Well-Known Member

Great now we need video comparison

3. JRSly

JRSly Well-Known Member

This is kinda funny..I know doing comparisons and thorough evaluations is just how it goes in cases like this and photo buffs can't help but pick apart all flaws. And of course, no one's gonna complain if a phone has a great camera on it and shoots great pictures...but to act like photojournalists are using these to pay their bills and that all pictures need absolutely perfectly calibrated exposure and saturation or they're garbage is pretty silly.

I'm sure after you send your niece a picture of a funny jack-o-lantern she'll surely cut all ties with you after noticing the noise in the darker areas and the undersaturated colors.

4. Supraman21

Supraman21 Well-Known Member

Yea but thats all apart of being a techi. Also photo quality plays a big part in some peoples decisions on purchasing phones. Like me I want the best multimedia phone available and for Verizon its the Android.

5. AdamHC

AdamHC Well-Known Member

But sometimes it's those differences that can make a photo that would otherwise look not so good, good. A good camera can make a gloomy looking day look nice.

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

7. Shawn^^

Shawn^^ Active Member

Does anyone think there will be an app to correct the downfalls of the Droid's camera?

8. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

I've read so many bad things about Droid's camera, it's good to see samples. I don't need to be able to take amazing quality pics with my phone, so I'm more than OK with the quality of the samples I see. My worry is the amount of time that everyone says it takes to focus or it's inability to focus. If it becomes cumbersome, I won't use it. I just want to get a decent photo quickly.

9. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I think it's more of a software issue with any problems like time to focus , time to take pics etc.... Hopefully Google will sort this :)

10. Integgroll

Integgroll Member

Ok, I will admit that most of the iPhone photos look amazing, Especially the picture of the apples, that is a shot I would expect from an SLR almost, plus very good shot eitherway. But most people who are into actual photography aren't going to be using their phone to do so, unless they just don't own a better camera. I think that most of these issues are software, and will be able to be corrected. But I do agree the camera could be better currently.

11. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

... Are you comparing the iPhone's camera capabilities to an SLR? You've got to be joking.

12. Integgroll

Integgroll Member

No, just saying that in that one picture, for that image size and resolution that was a damn good shot.

13. Hellspawn

Hellspawn Member

I just want to know if the camera glitches on the droid can or willl be fixed by a software update

14. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

Can? Most likely. Will? ... Now isn't that the million dollar question?

15. someguy9

someguy9 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've heard that it can be fixed by software... I hope it's true

16. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

There are other camera apps that can probably be used right away to do a better job. I currently don't have a camera on my BB 8830 and I have not had a camera since my Razr which was not great, so anything is better than what I have.