IPhone coming to T-Mobile? Do we care?

Last Updated:

1. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

[​IMG]

WARNING: THIS IS TOTALLY OFF TOPIC GUYS SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC READ NO FURTHER. FOR THOSE THAT DO, PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

Rumors have been flying around about the devil's fruit coming to T-Mobile...the question is do we care? how many of you would leave our beloved android for the iphone? As for me, I would not. I like the openness of android, not to mention flash 10.1 (on froyo), widgets, and the fact that many manufacturers produce android devices so there is awesome variation. how many produce the iphone?...ONE! not to mention steve jobs comes off like a total d-bag!

Advertisement
  2. AutoSortX

AutoSortX Well-Known Member

hmmm...that's a tough question..i'd prolly have both hahah ;)

3. behold_this

Wow that would be a lot of money to spend on phones! Which would be your everyday driver?

BTW everyone I photoshoped the pic above so don't anyone get to excited. I was bored :D

4. spyderman

spyderman Well-Known Member

Android for me... Not a fan of Apple... hate the controls on the damn thing. I dont use iPods for that reason as well..

5. stryder06

stryder06 Well-Known Member

That makes two of us :D

6. mwl1119

mwl1119 Well-Known Member

I was bored too and made this:

[​IMG]

7. behold_this

8. Exaqtion

Exaqtion Well-Known Member

That just means that EVERYONE will have the same phone. I like to be different. Ill pass.

9. AutoSortX

AutoSortX Well-Known Member

I get bored with phones easily, i'd probably rotate every other week or so :)

:D

10. HtcEvoLemon

HtcEvoLemon Well-Known Member

I read this on tmonews, I don't know how accurate it is, because at&t has a contract till 2012.

11. mwl1119

If the I-Phone comes to T-mobile I will leave to Verizon or Sprint.

At&t's Android phones suck and it is all apples fault.

12. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

Same here. No matter how good you might think the iPhone is, it's just the same ol' thing all the time with whatever improvements. I like having my choice of a lot of different Android phones. I'll pass as well.

13. gregb7677

gregb7677 New Member

Some like Android as an OS and others like the iphone. Choice is a good thing regardless, no one forces anybody to buy one or the other.

14. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

Pssh! There are always "rumors" that the iPhone is going to be on Verizon, too. I don't believe the rumors one bit.

And, (for the discussion) if i would have wanted an iPhone, i would have gotten one by now...

15. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

The rumors are false, apple already signed another contract with AT&T for the iphone 4.

They are really stupid. They should have gone with tmobile because we have that unlimited data plan, while At&t doesn't really have an unlimited plan.

16. mwl1119

Which mean I phone owners will have overages meaning more money for at&t. Why should Apple care? Their fanboys would follow them anywhere.

17. macavely

macavely Well-Known Member

But we have the Iphone already .. its the jailbroken Iphones are fun... and you can put android on it and really have fun with it... other then that.. I just like to laugh at Iphone users.. Right now only thing they have over my MTS ... is a damn front facing camera..... Which I'm sure there will be an Android phone with it soon if not already...

18. Squirrel2571

Squirrel2571 New Member

I have an iPhone as well as an Android phone..one I use primarily for work and one is more private/fun use. I like them both..the iPhone is a good phone but I have a special place in my heart for Android..I'm loving that they're not just holding their own but actually beating RIM and Apple in some areas. I had a G1 when they first came out so i feel all kind of maternal towards them, lol.

19. RevChappt

RevChappt Member

You can already get an Iphone on tmobile...Jailbreaking those things is super easy. I just did one a few days ago that took, maybe...5 minutes?

20. behold_this

Not if you want a subsidy...plus being able to jailbreak (voiding warranty) to run on tmo really is not the point of my thread here.

21. RevChappt

RevChappt Member

Basically, I think if apple went to tmo, and att, the quality of the phones wouldn't get worse, they would have to get better in order to outsell the iphone, and now with out them being a strickly att phone, att phones could get better as well, not be screwed over by Steve blow jobbs.

22. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member

I like the idea but the fact that the new iPhone lists no 1700mhz UMTS band as a part of it's radio...of course it could be a hidden feature that they are hiding since it would be a dead give away since their are only a few carriers that use it. And with GSM aging fast and UMTS being the newest standard in cheap phones to smart phones it just wouldn't be on t mobile without 3G support. All thought they did add 900mhz UMTS support for the euros so it could happen....

23. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Iphone..IF it comes to T-Mobile, it wont be till 2012 when it isnt exclusive to AT&T any longer. I used a unlocked iPhone for two years. I dont know, i really think Android will be a lot better in two years and be ahead of Apple as far as the OS by then.

Android is just slow with the firmware updates.

24. mwl1119