Toolanddiemaker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

mrlanrat and omfgwtflawl like this.
  3. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

The article doesn't list a specific date, just that it is "said to be offered in January." Though I'm sure the Apple fanboys will start lining up in mid-October.

4. avacomputers

avacomputers Well-Known Member

Unless Verizon or Apple confirms this. I don't think we can use the word official.

5. hookem

hookem Well-Known Member

ios4 or android x.x......

......ANDROID!!!

6. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Six months ago, I probably would have been really happy about this. But now I really like my Android phone.

7. Lagos

Lagos Well-Known Member

Cool.

I don't know about you, but the Iphone just doesn't seem as cool to me as it once did. I really like the android platform.

8. RasJacob

RasJacob Member

The iphone does nothing for me. It looks nice, that is about it. Android offers so many more options.

I hope it never comes to Verizon. I don't need all those fanboys clogging up my airwaves.

9. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I feel the same way. A year ago I would have wanted an iPhone, but I am very happy with Android and have no desire for an iPhone anymore.

10. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yup. If Verizon had had the IPhone back in November when I bought my Eris I would have gotten the IPhone without a second thought. Now though, I'm not sure you could get me off the Android platform.

11. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

+1 Beholden to Apple? I think not. Bad enough VZW has me locked up for years to come, but to become one of the mindless minions too? I'll take this open source, root me if you can, anytime.

12. jhewit22

jhewit22 Well-Known Member

I've always been an Apple boy and wanted an iPhone, however, don't want it now that I've experienced the awesomeness of Android!!!

13. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member

I call bull..

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

14. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

15. MrDangerous

MrDangerous Well-Known Member

iPhone, what's that? Is that the new Froyo phone? I wonder if Amon Ra or Clockwork can be ported to it?

Is that the phone that doesn't let you add more space? Is that the phone that's more locked down than the Backflip? Is that the phone that you can't even side-load on? Is that the phone that had multitasking capabilities less capable than Dos 6.22 and DesqView?

Is that the phone with last year's camera technology? Is that the phone with a rip-off of Qik for the Evo that only works on Wifi? Is that the phone that doesn't have a replacble battery? Is that the phone that doesn't let you install programs that you wrote?

16. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

lmbo

17. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Too bad it came a year later than when I would have wanted it lol. Oh well, in another year and a half if it's still around maybe I'll buy it, and really get rid of my iPod completely.

I'll be really curious as to how well this does, however, and I'm also curious to if AT&T will still sell it. Let's face it, AT&T's service is... well you can insert your choice of expletive here lol.

There is that one spot in NYC you can get a good signal though... lol

18. a7xnocturnal

a7xnocturnal Active Member

iphones do not run off CDMA, and i highly doubt Apple or VZW will change their systems.

19. carynis1doll

carynis1doll Member

If Verizon does this wont they have to go to 4G and what are the advantages (or dis) to the Droid and future Droid phones

20. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

lets start a petition to keep the iphone OFF Verizon

21. xzillerationer

xzillerationer Well-Known Member

Ha. That's funny. I bet you that most Apple fanboys that don't have an iPhone either (a) Can't afford it (damn pricey apple gadgets) or (b) Hate AT&T so much they won't go near it. The iPhone will have so many new buyers simply because it is on the Verizon network, the best network there is.
    Spoken from a true Google fanboy... on that hates Apple...

22. xzillerationer

Don't mean to bump, but, you've got my signature.

23. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

This will never work. It's too popular. You could never get enough signatures to keep the iPhone off Verizon. The only way it will stop being sold on Verizon is if it doesn't sell, which it will.

And they don't have to change the network Verizon uses, they just have to change the radio in the iPhone to make it a CDMA phone. Not that hard to do, although they do have to modify the software. But if Apple thinks it will make them more money, which it will, they'll do it.

And I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything, but people DO have to realize that not everybody that wants a smartphone needs all the openness of Android. Some people are more than comfortable with the iPhone, because it does what they need it to do. It's just a matter of opinion to which phone you want and use. Just because you think Android is a better OS for you doesn't mean it's a better OS for someone else. Not everyone writes their own programs or needs the latest camera technology in a phone, or knows how to fix all the bugs that Android phones tend to have (silent bug, 50% without signal, etc.). It's all just a matter of opinion.

24. xzillerationer

Your right, but, for some people, like me, I like having GOOD phones on my network. Not saying the iPhone isn't a good phone, the hardware is ok, but the software fails. I'm trying my best not to deviate away from the original topic.

25. 150_cav

150_cav Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg&feature=youtube_gdata

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk