• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IPhone coming to VZ 3rd Qtr 2010, do you believe it??

I don't. I'm guessing it's intentional misinformation leaked by Apple to put doubt into iPhone owners' heads. If they think they have a chance to get their favorite hardware on a decent network that might keep them from making some kind of "impulse" decision, like going out and buying a Droid.

(This is of course just a conspiracy theory made up on the fly by an Apple hater, don't take it too seriously :) )

Upvote 0
I was told by a VZW Rep. that the Iphone was in fact going to be sold by VZW within 6 months.This could be one of the reasons I have not gotten the droid yet,well and all the issues too.
Of course he could be blowing smoke also.

The slam of the iphone could be because the deal did fall through for VZW with iphone in the pre recent month or 2 and so we have what we have now.I am excited for the next 2 months on whats coming out.

Upvote 0
Maybe Verizon saw all the exchanges on the Droid and called Apple... I kid, I kid.

But I am waiting for the "Droid Does not work properly. Droid Does randomly restart. Droid Does have a camera that won't focus. Droid Does need an interchangeable battery." commercials from Apple.

Signed,

My Phone Stopped Randomly Restarting, Now It Doesn't Start at All

Upvote 0
I don't think that Apple cares that much. Having the iPhone on the two biggest networks in the US is all they care about. That would nearly double the amount of people who would be able to have an iPhone. That's what Apple wants. ...more people to buy the iPhone. A simple TV commercial isn't going to deter them.

Personally though, I could care less about the iPhone. I'm really tired of hearing about it in every phone thread that isn't about the iPhone. This is a forum for the Motorola DROID right?

Everyone compares every phone to it and the Apple Fanatics would pretty much say every phone in the world sucks compared to the false idol iPhone. Maybe that annoyance is why I have little desire to own one.

Don't get me wrong, the iPhone was a total game changer but it gets really old really quick hearing about it all time.

I'm bored and tired of it. Will I still recommend it to some people? Yes. Would I choose about 10 other phones before the iPhone YES. The Droid, Imagio, HD2, Touch Pro2 and of course the SE X10 to name a few quick ones off the top of my head.

But why all of the talk about the iPhone on an Android forum? Maybe I just don't get it.

Upvote 0
If there were already plans for Apple to move the iPhone to Verizon, do you think Verizon would be slamming the iPhone so harshly in their advertising?

yeah they slammed on it, but that's called marketing. They slammed on it to build competition and to make people look at the phone, business 101.

and if the iPhone does come to Verizon, it'll be months if not a year after this advertising campaign is gone, for a couple weeks you'll here people bitching abotu them slamming the iPhone and being two faced, they will still sell a million of them, and life will move on. The current ad campaign would only be detrimental if the iPhone was coming to verizon in the next 90 days as it will still be fresh in people's minds, 6 months or more down the road, most people won't care

Besides, who is to say that the iPhone that may or may not be coming to Verizon is not a newer improved version that totally debunks the adds and allows multiple applications etc etc. alot can happen in 6 months (and the 3GS has been out for a while so the next hardware revision is probably quite well along)

So do i think it can happen in 2010, sure, why not, it's a moneymaker and as we all know, that's all these companies want, so why not bash now and play nice later. it's good for competition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones