iPhone convert... maybe

1. abridges01

abridges01 New Member

I am a long time iPhone user sickened by Apple's lust to control every facet of the user experience, so have purchased a GS3. So far, I've mixed feelings; I love the level of control available, but sometimes dislike how complex it is to perform relatively easy tasks, such as turn off just the audible email notification (using K-9 mail) full time - a task I am still seeking a resolution to. Also disapointed by battery life, though i do like that I have the ability to swap out batteries.
    As I said, the jury is still out. No regrets about ditching the iPhone, just not sure the GS3 is a long term alternative.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the other side of the coin abridges01. I've never owned an Apple product so I can't really compare the two. I am glad that you are open minded enough to try both and can then decide which is the best device for you.
    I hope you find these forums informative and that they might help you get the most positive Android experience possible. Good luck with your new S3. I hope it serves you well and you will gain a love for the phone that so many of our friendly members share.
    Have fun and thanks for joining these forums.
  4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Yeah, apple has the iPhone 5 locked down tight. Welcome!