• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help iPhone convert needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnFiann

Oct 6, 2011
Seriously nobody has an answer for this as well as any other darn android I need....just morons posting silly smartass responses. Im beginning to believe the android community is pretty useless. Im shocked tbh. I came from the iphone and expected much better from android considering it's open nature. Instead I'm just experiencing a serious lack of support. Theres quite a few very annoying bugs with my atrix ands I don't know if I need to go to motorola or google. Checking forums like this for answers has proven useless so I finally decided to vent! Also Im starting to think I had more customization ands general settings options on my jail broken iphone! Even now trying to edit this post is a freakin nightmare cos when I'm typing its typing off the actual screen...if I move it to the left to read when im typing then hit a character it bounces me to the middle,and,i have,to guess again! Placing,the cursor is guesswork because it's about a fingers length away from the selection icon. Maybe android is just not,ready? I feel like typing up a,list of problems ands sending to them but I'm noir sure they would give acrap. Silly obvious stuff like remove the damn language button and give,the freakin space bar sobe,damn,room,for,eff,sake. Theres soo many silly things like this that I thought I could ignore but it's really getting to me as the, months go by.

And don't respond telling me to use landscape to type here. Portrait mode should damn well work as it's supposed to. I turned landscape off because its too sensitive. Any slight tilt makes it go landscape yet I have to wait forever to get it back to portrait. U know most ppl use portrait,in most apps. Holding some thing semi-vertically or even diagonally should noir trigger landscape. At least provide sensitivity options jeez! I hope someone from google actually reads this stuff cos if so....just let me know....i have a boat load off stupid android behaviorisms. Oh yeah...if I get,a phone call or plug in my phone why does the screen stay on all night? It seems if the phone is locked it's a no brainer to have it,turn off after a minute. Yeah setting the auto screen shut off (didnt want to do that in first place) does not seem to make a difference. Grrr! .....ok I doo feel better having finally vented the last 6 months most irritating crap .

Like I said I have more if u want to actually better the product.

Upvote 0
I'm using motorola atrix android version 2.3.4.

And please no smart ass comments about going vanilla android. Probably all of the issues I mentioned are behavioral issues with android and are not cosmetic to a gui or non google software that I can tell.

True motorola may be, messing up the code but only say that if u tell me for sure that vanilla android does not have those problems. And yeah I know there is an app to use for the forum that probably does not drag u through this typing swype nightmare but I want my phone to work without compensating by getting yet another third party app to fix something that should work. Jees its the androids forum. U would think the developers might try using swype on it at least once ? With swype u don't really need landscape.

Upvote 0
Ok ive calmed,down abit. I apologize. Not all the comments here were smartass. I know some of u actually tried to address the original problem posted. I am just starting to get the feeling that every technical issue I google (on the mobile chrome browser that shoulf work with an android forum) the threads seem to have always end in no answer or basic technical suggestions which end up in comments trying to persuade the person that his problem is not really a problem for him. How about some developers or tech support from google? Id like more authoritative definate answers occasionally.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forums!

So - you sound awfully frustrated.

Please don't vent on others here because you're unhappy with Android. In the first place, they don't have it coming and in the second place, they might be willing to help a pal who doesn't take things out on them.

So - if you're trying to post to this forum from your phone - are you using your browser? If so, yeah, it's a restriction of our web forms (not Android) that you can't easily post lots and post well from a phone in portrait mode.

That's why we created the Phandroid app, it's free in the Market. Many forums go this route, for the exact same reason, as well. Anyway, please give it a try, otherwise you've got a square peg-round hole problem trying the other way.

Now - you have said that you don't want an app for something that "should work." Sorry, wrong. The web site is working the way the owners of it intend, so that's hardly Android's fault.

As for objecting to adding apps - you come from an iPhone, where apps are large and hog storage. Android apps are very lightweight and take a fraction of the space of iPhone apps, so lots of small helper apps doing the job exactly the way you'd expect is pretty much the norm for Android.

I would advise that you take a deep breath, count 3, and let people help you if you want help - or simply decide that Android's not for you because you've decided to be rigid and want something else.

Coming in with your guns flaming telling people how to behave is not the way.

Either way, that's up to you, you do what you think best.

If you calm down and let people help and act a just politely, you're likely to make great friends here and enjoy your Atrix in ways you never did your iPhone.

Cheers, hope this helps!

PS - read the site guidelines in my sig, I suspect you skipped them when you registered. This isn't The Internet Tough Guy site - this is a family friendly forum where politeness counts a whole lot.

Upvote 0
Ok I turned on auto rotate screen just for you...now im typing landscape like a happy eejit.it will be turned off as soon as I'm done here. Ok I was trying to say (but couldn't get cursor in place) that the iphone hack community (dev-team etc). Have this community whupped. Considering the nature of android....why can't I just go to the market and get a script that replaces the battery with % instead if some stupit vague icon (better yet why is out not an option in setting...the setting s options are minimal pfft) and I would like the same for signal strength for phone and wifi....why should I use some silly third party widget when I have a damn notification bar already? Let me use it already.

Upvote 0
Ok ive calmed,down abit. I apologize. Not all the comments here were smartass. I know some of u actually tried to address the original problem posted. I am just starting to get the feeling that every technical issue I google (on the mobile chrome browser that shoulf work with an android forum) the threads seem to have always end in no answer or basic technical suggestions which end up in comments trying to persuade the person that his problem is not really a problem for him. How about some developers or tech support from google? Id like more authoritative definate answers occasionally.

Well, this is the oldest and largest Android users self-help forum, so you're going to find mostly users here.

That said, you never know who may drop by or who may have deep technical info to help. ;) :)

Let's just all work together and see if we can't move you ahead so you can enjoy your Atrix quite a bit more. :)

Reactions: WolfmanRobby
Upvote 0
Well, this is the oldest and largest Android users self-help forum, so you're going to find mostly users here.

That said, you never know who may drop by or who may have deep technical info to help. ;) :)

Let's just all work together and see if we can't move you ahead so you can enjoy your Atrix quite a bit more. :)

Phew! nearly took my head off with this thread. Yep, you get my vote for most diplomatic.

To tell the truth the posts were a bit disjointed. I understand that it was a rant so I'm willing to give it a pass.

Turning the phone landscape to type? Just seems natural to me. never liked the portrait keyboard.

I've never had a phone that was this easy to customize before. Whatever you want to do there is a widget or app for it and most are free. No problem installing a small app, customizing the settings, and then never looking at it again. But then I come from a DOS and Unix world and have never like apple accept for their stock.

Yeah, read the stickies.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Trying to address a few of the OP's issues, and hoping my comments are taken at face value, not written off as smart@ss response.

-The attitude of not wanting to install apps or widgets. Android was built on the concept of "Make it how you want it." - this means the OS is left to CORE functions so that users can customize the phone with the apps and tools THEY want. Not be forced to have a bunch of crap on their the phone maker wants. Unfortunately, OEM's like Motorola don't grasp that and do stick us with some apps we don't want. But, over all, it's this way by design.

-Battery in percent. I agree, it would be a nice option. However, the reality is that only a small percentage of people really care what the exact percent is. But, if you take ROOT access (The equal of "Jailbreaking" an iPhone), there are a lot more options, including themes that give you that.
I use this widget, and love it. It's free, and does not need Root access: https://market.android.com/details?id=ccc71.bmw&feature=search_result

-Signal in Db--- WHY would you want that??? It tells you NOTHING. Db is just the signal strength. There's more to it than the Db's. The Signal meter is an aggregate of the strength (Db) and the Noise to Signal ratio (ec/no). In other words, it's the QUALITY of the signal, not just the strength in Db. You can have a very strong signal that reads nice in a Db signal meter, but is soo noisy that data runs like crap over it. Or, just the opposite, you can have a fairly weak signal that has very little noise and data runs over it twice as fast as the Strong/Noisy signal. So, if you look at just the Db, you are only getting part of the picture that makes up your signal. This is something a LOT of people fail to grasp. They think that all that matters are the Db's and that's just NOT the case.
Edit - I explained this to someone a while back and I had to find the thread...
http://androidforums.com/motorola-atrix-4g/384414-ecno-signal-determines-number-bars.html

-The typing in this forum issue has been addressed. It's by design, and just get the FREE app. I use it and love it.

In the end, your Android experience is What YOU make it. And, you have to be willing to MAKE it something by taking the time to install apps and widgets that add the functions that YOU want.

EXAMPLE: I didn't like the stock keyboard. So, I tried several and decided to buy the "Swiftkey X" keyboard and love it. My fiance has the same phone (Atrix) that I do, and she hates that keyboard, she likes SWYPE (I can't stand Swype). Who's right? Who's wrong? Who won? We both did, because we were both able to take the SAME phone, and make it work how each of us want it to.

Don't take this directed at you personally, it's a general observation of iPhone users. But, they get so USED to Apple "Spoon Feeding" them everything, they expect every phone to be that way.

Android is more like the all you can eat buffet. You have so many choices that, sometimes it's hard to decide. But, in the end, you can pile your plate up with as much or as little as you want. But, you still have to walk up to the buffet, grab and plate and serve yourself.

Welcome to the feast... I recommend the Prime Rib and roasted potatoes!

Upvote 0
My posts must have seemed cryptic...I posted them in another tread where someone was asking about removing the AT&T logo from the notification bar. Everyone who responded to him told him he should just deal with it. I guess a moderator moved my posts to its own tread.

I have thought about my comments a lot since I posted them and decided to google the tread on a lapto to see if anyone responded. I would have done so earlier than this but I was reluctant to come back here using my phone. I do not usually post rants like that so it bothered me. Nobody owes me anything and I hate to see people demanding things from developers for free.

I apologize for venting...I should have been more proactive in being involved in the android community but have not had time. One of the reasons I went with android is so that I would not have to keep up with all the iphone jailbreaks and hacks. Since the atrix allows side loading I had hoped I would not need to root every version that comes out like the iphone. I hoped I would be given a lot more technical control over the OS and far more detailed settings manipulation than the iphone.

Ok so to address some of the responses.

EarlyMon - agreed about my venting. Your responses are much appreciated. I apologize for venting on here. I was not directing my frustrations at anyone in particular. I think some of my frustration is not knowing where to go to get answers. Some of the problems may be google, some may be motorola. I thought this was the official google android site and hoped it would be read by google employees.

My frustration originated from this: There has been at least five times where each time I have spent considerable effort in researching issues but each time there was no solution. This happened for each and every issue I tried to work on. One issue had an answer - I wanted to remove the AT&T splash screen. I found out you must be rooted to do that and use a custom ROM so I cant be bothered since it was a big reason in moving away from the iphone. Hacking the phones is fun for a few years but honestly its gets tiresome after awhile. I can live with the spash screen however I was really surprized that some of the other customizations I sought were not available. After that experience I decided I can ignore the problems.

The night I wrote my comments I decided I must not have given it enough effort and figured I would give it another try to customize certain things about the phone that are inefficient and annoying - Let's get rid of the AT&T logo in the notification bar. This was simple on my iphone (yes it was due to the jailbreak) so I figured it would not be an issue on android where I have stuff like terminal access by default woot!

I had spent 2-3 hours researching the issue (how to remove the AT&T logo to free up space in notification bar) and there was very little info on the net. The only tread with decent content about the subject was here on this forum but it was not helpful. Basically people told the guy not to let it bother him. I will see if it has been updated.

I think I just need to know where to get support and submit my Request For Enhancements / bugs.

As for the website problem typing in portrait. Yes I was just using the default andriod browser (mobile chrome). I have no problem installing self contained apps for additional functionality but personally I start to draw the line when I see all these websites requiring their own front end app to use their websites. I feel like the default browser should work like any other browser. The reason I suspected it was the browser at fault is because I see a similar problem when I type into the google search field. If I type in enough words...when it exceeds the space allotment of the input field the text does not scroll to the left as I type. Instead - whatever I type is hidden to the right of the search box and you cannot read it or verify what was written. There is no website involved...I am simply opening the browser and trying to search.

That behavior is similar to to what I experienced with this forum - however - as you state - that particular problem may be related to the forum site app server web forms. It just seems odd to go to an android site and find that it has functionality issues with the android browser. I understand you guys probably did not write the forum software and it's not your fault. Originally I thought this was the google owned official android forum and as such, would expect the browser to fully work properly with the site.

rthomas10: yeah I was a fan of landscape for everything until I tried swype. With swype its faster using portrait. I too hate feeling like a criminal for customizing my own stuff so I went Linux /Unix many years ago. It was another driving factor in dropping my iphone as soon as the android hardware caught up to par.

WolfmanRobby: Thanks for your response. I am ok with installing apps if they add functionality. I dont want to install apps to compensate for bugs or omissions in the default software. Another perfect example of this is me having to install an app because the none of the settings will tell me what my AT&T data IP address is - it only lists wifi addresses. I just would have thought information like this would be standard in a smart OS but the network settings are just as limited as the iphone...maybe slightly more. I certainly dont want to have to install an app for each of the websites I want to browse/use. I like using a browser - one for all websites. If chrome has issues I use mobile firefox to bypass mobile website limitations and get to the real full website version when necessary. Yeah I have a decent battery percent widget but now my system is duplicating efforts at gauging battery life. I suspect the widget is far more mem intensive that the notification bar could be. Battery percent should be an option from the OS level imo.

You might be correct about dBm but I have used it on my iphone for several years and found it to be amazingly accurate. The ability to tell signal strength that granularly was really helpful when I was a road warrior hunting wifi everywhere. More options are better than less.

Upvote 0
Just a couple of things to point out from your last post.
Several times you refer to the stock Browser as a mobile version of Chrome. (Much like the iPhone uses a mobile version of Safari.) It's not Chrome. It's it own code and a lot of people have been waiting on a Mobile version of Chrome. I don't know why they are so eager for it, I find Chrome to be one of the crappiest browsers I've ever used.

Getting your Mobile Data IP is easy. From the phones browser, when not connected to WiFi, just go to "whatismyip.com" - that's your IP. Now, that does not relate to your data usage. That's metered by the back end system based on your SIM card. Basically, it's metered through a "Proxy" server (Well, it's not really a "Proxy" server, but close enough for the example). When your phone connects to the WAP, the SIM card registers and you are assigned an IP address by DHCP. Your data usage is metered through the TCPIP headers going through the WAP. Your data IP address is subject to change at random for many reasons. Mainly, for security, but also to keep people from trying to host a "Server" on their mobile data.

The fact that you have to install an app to find that info, and it's not standard, goes back to what I was saying about YOU being the one to install what YOU want, what YOU need.... I've never cared about my Mobile Data IP. I've been using smartphones for close to a decade now (Windows Mobile, Palm, BlackBerry, Android...). NO ONE I've ever helped has ever cared about their mobile data IP other than the IP they can get from going to "Whatsmyip.com" - So, I think it would be safe to say that the MAJORITY of users (More than 99%) don't care about that info. So, why would something like that be put in stock when such a SMALL number of people care about it?
I say, for things like that, they are doing exactly what they should. Not wasting their time on it. Just focus on the CORE of the OS, and let the 3rd party developers fill in those niche needs.

While you may have used the dBm on the iPhone for years, you were only looking at HALF the information you needed. You were only going by the strength of the radio waves, not the quality of the signal. Any phone worth owning is smart enough to give you the whole picture. That's why the Atrix uses ECNO.

You had asked about where to post for official support. The BEST place for that is over on the Motorola Support forums. There's not really a good place to get official support from Google. They have a support forum, but their official responses are usually either pretty snarky, or tell you to go to the Vendor's site.
If you want to learn more about customizing the phone, and more "Hard Core" tweaking, custom roms.... XDA forums.

Upvote 0
oh dear. Wofelman I know you are trying to help but I am wanting the andriod OS to better serve us. I am not a noob on technical stuff.

i know my mini computer is hijacked to where most pretend its a "phone" - well its not. Its a mini computer with the hardware to rival many desktops pc's.

Whatismyip.com is well known. I want my system to tell - me not the internet. I think thats a basic for a "network" option. I am baffled why you would not care when on data plan. I am a sysadmin. The "network config should show me everything...why is my wifi ip addy worth knowing but not my data ip addy? Does not make any sense. by your standards u want them to remove all info...who cares about their IP address right? I just want more info.

I searched for chrome until I was informed that the default is actually the emobile version. they may put a spin on the icons. but its chrome.

Lets join together in demanding more options from google - and not persuade the populace into thinking they dont want something they want........I just said I want signal in dBm. Dont tell me I dont want it okay? I do want it. please refer to my original post about/rant that gripes about ppl assuring other people what they want is fruitless/useless. dead end street for a dead end attitude and will lead to a dead end product.

AT BEST - google need to consider an "advanced user" option. Actually - thats the only thing thats suitable....follow apple's lead on their OSX and provide a way to open up real root option. Apple are falling on not allowing this type functionality on thier phones and pads. Google can take the lead here and let techies do what they do best....want more freedom please. If i brick my device I know I bricked it.

About the only alternative it can see Is buy a decent device and actually go on a lame attempt to completely build my own OS...wtf. MORE OPTIONS - google your are supposed to be for smart ppl and all the defected iphone users who are tired of a toddler like gui.

DAMN!. Give me some effin options in "setings menu" - its sparse and more limited than iphone! i had a 10 yr old nokia with more options..no joke.

WE should all be on same page requesting google to provide a more powerful device - not defending inadquacies because its apple rival. forget the rivalry...lets demand the product gets better.

Am I on my own here???

Upvote 0
Whatismyip.com is well known. I want my system to tell - me not the internet. I think thats a basic for a "network" option. I am baffled why you would not care when on data plan. I am a sysadmin. The "network config should show me everything...why is my wifi ip addy worth knowing but not my data ip addy? Does not make any sense. by your standards u want them to remove all info...who cares about their IP address right? I just want more info.

OK, note I put the last line of what I quoted in BOLD. YOU want more info. YOU are in the minority. I'm a system admin myself. I think it's USELESS info for 99% of the mobile users. So, if YOU want more info, YOU can download a 3rd party app.
But, you shouldn't demand that Google/OEM's BLOAT other people's phones with a feature YOU want and THEY don't.

And I'm baffled by why you care what your data IP is. There is nothing you can do with it.

I searched for chrome until I was informed that the default is actually the emobile version. they may put a spin on the icons. but its chrome.

No, it's Not- Google move hints at Chrome for Android | Deep Tech - CNET News

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/google-chrome-for-android-taking-shape-2011103/

Lets join together in demanding more options from google -

NO - I refuse to demand that Google BLOAT the OS with features that only a few people want. Google gives us options. The OPTION to install what ever 3rd party app we need to meet our individual needs. Google can't give us anymore options than that freedom. What you are advocating is not OPTIONS, it's being FORCE FED the features and functions that YOU want.
If you actually get INTO the Android community, you will find that the MAJORITY of us want them to SCALE BACK, and focus on the OS only. And, give better support for 3rd party developers.
People come to Android because they want a phone they can make their OWN, not be spoon fed a bunch of crap Google and other people think they need. If we wanted that, we would buy iPhones and worship at the Temple of Steve Jobs.

I just said I want signal in dBm. Dont tell me I dont want it okay? I do want it.

I never said you "don't want it" - I tried to EDUCATE you on why it's STUPID to depend on half the info that is needed. You know WHY the iPhone 4 had the signal problems when it came out? Because it was tested in a lab with clean signal. They only looked at the dBm's. Once the phone got out into the public, where signals are noisy, the placement of people's hands on the frame caused even more noise and resulted in the signal issues.
You can WANT it, you can find 3rd party apps that tell you that... But, you are fooling yourself for depending on just dBm's alone.

AT BEST - google need to consider an "advanced user" option.....

They did, it's called ROOT access and the ability to install a 3rd party ROM.
What they are also considering is the MAJORITY of people that are NOT advanced users.

WE should all be on same page requesting google to provide a more powerful device - not defending inadquacies because its apple rival. forget the rivalry...lets demand the product gets better.

Am I on my own here???

Yes. Because you think we are defending INADEQUACIES. We are defending the right to make the phone how each of us want it, and not be FORCE FED a bunch of BLOAT.
I put up with that for YEARS on BlackBerry. Being stuck with apps and features in the OS taking up space on the phone's memory, even eating CPU cycles and RAM without being able to remove them even though I never used them.

And, that's exactly what you are advocating. It's called BLOAT - and that's one of the DIRTIEST words in the Android community.

Right now, I think you have 2 options.
-Embrace the philosophy of the Android community of a phone OS that is free of bloat (Something that many phone makers need to learn), and that we are free to add only those functions WE want to make our phones unique to each of us.

-Go back to iPhone where everything is spoon fed to you, and you have to take the phone like the Holy Tablets handed down by Saint Jobs dictates it.

Upvote 0
First - Thanks for the link on the browser - thats good knowledge. Listen man I did'nt post here so I can argue with you. You are far too defensive and to be honest - you are self contradicting when you say you advocate for a more customizeable powerful device - yet you want it more limited. Maybe you would be more suited to the iPhone IOS. Its really limited and I think YOU might love it. Having a few more check boxes in the settings is hardly bloatware. If you look around on the net you will see that Im not the only person who would like a check box for "Show battery in percentage". You may not want that but then you can leave that check box "unchecked". I don't see what your problem is. Seriously - Force fed Bloat?? In regard to the signal strength - I would be happy if they allowed any numberical indicator dBm or ec/no - whatever - as long as its not the silly meaningless gui bars. I seriously doubt google advocate people exploit security vulerabilities for getting root access. I think its fair to say we just do not agree on a few things. I would like more control over my phone...I am not sure what you want. Anyway this is a useless conversation. It's clear you are far too worked up about nothing. Good bye.

Upvote 0
you are self contradicting when you say you advocate for a more customizeable powerful device - yet you want it more limited.

You fail to understand my point. I don't want the DEVICE limited. The device is powerful. But, the real power lies in the options we have to CHOOSE what we want.

You want them to add a bunch of stuff STOCK to the OS. That's what I mean by FORCE FED BLOAT. Every OPTION you add to the stock OS takes up memory and resources. Why should anyone give up so much as a Kilobit of their phone for a feature YOU want, but they don't?? No one should.

Instead, Google has put the power in OUR hands. They've put out the source code!! (Let's see Apple do that!) Developers can change just about ANYTHING in the phone they want. Thus, you can change just about anything you want. But, only IF you want it.

That's an option you don't have on iPhone.

I would be happy if they allowed any numberical indicator dBm or ec/no - whatever - as long as its not the silly meaningless gui bars.

Take a few minutes and search around. You will find 3rd party apps that will give you that. You want numbers, you get numbers. You want it as dots, you can find one that gives it as Dots. Heck, I've even seen one for uber geeks that gives the battery, time and signal values in BINARY CODE.

You complained in your first post about having to add on a 3rd party app. I'm trying to get you to understand, THAT IS WHAT ANDROID IS ABOUT. On Android, at least you have the OPTION to add that app if you want to. But, don't weight other people's phones down with those options if they don't want them.

You can go so far as to build your own version of the OS that has all the options you want built in. You don't get more powerful than that.

I would like more control over my phone...I am not sure what you want.

Then we want the same thing.... CONTROL over what is on our phone.

You just think that GOOGLE should include a blue million things STOCK. To me, that takes control away from users by having GOOGLE load them down with options.

I think they should leave it out of the stock and let everyone have the CONTROL and CHOICE to add and change the things they want by using 3rd party apps, or custom ROM's.

Anyway this is a useless conversation. It's clear you are far too worked up about nothing. Good bye.

I'm not worked up over anything. You are just failing to grasp the point I'm making.
All of those OPTIONS you are complaining about NOT having, I'm trying to tell you that you DO have them. You just have to take the time to want to make your phone your own without forcing what you want on other people.
And, you are right. Unless you are willing to learn about what Android stands for, and take the time and effort to make the phone how you want it, this conversation is useless.

No one here is going to spoon feed you. But, when you are ready to help yourself, we will gladly help you all we can.

Upvote 0
Actually I do see your point, it is a very good point and I actually agree with it. I just feel you have flown off the deep end with your point. Blindly defending google for not allowing me to check my IP address is just silliness I don't have time for. Providing a few check boxes for config changes is not bloatware. You might argue that bloatware is having to install a whole app just to find my IP address. Thats bloatware. Installing random third party memory leaking insecurely coded rubbish that allows me to place a large widget on my main screen so that I can see the batteries percentage is my only option unfortunately. I have to close whatever app I am in just to see it while that vague useless battery icon taunts me on every screen. The iPhone and Android newly evolved culture of apps for everything has led to the biggest security hole of modern times. Apple and Google cannot be expected to vet every single piece of code for vulnerabilities, memory leaks or back doors. Personally I try to avoid third party apps when possible unless its something I really want or need. I expecially avoid anything that smells of China, Russia, Hungary or any other country that is notorious for hacking and cyber criminality. Don't get me wrong - many Widgets and many apps are great and may be coded well. But who knows? I would trust code from google over some random app delevoper. Thats just me. I like my security.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones