iPhone headphones work on HTC Hero...

Last Updated:

1. Dook

Dook Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 7, 2009
    So I was just popping down to the post-office and quickly grabbed my iPhone earbuds on the way out. I know these 'headphones' are bad sounding but I don't like walking around the streets with my massive Sennheisers!! Plus I hadn't bothered to open my HTC buds as yet.

For a laugh I thought I'd just see if the mic button would work and to my surprise it does!! Here's what I found:

* Start playback of music = single press
    * Pause music = single press
    * Auto-redial of last number called = double press (while music is playing or not!)
    * Cancel call before it is picked up = press and hold (if music was playing previously it will resume)
    * Put current call on hold = single press
    * Resume call = single press
    * End call = single press

You have to do the double press quite quickly for it to work properly.

Anyone else notice this too??

ps. as you can tell I was previously an iPhone user up until yesterday!!

2. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009

I suspect it uses exactly the same control functions as the HTC remote, and certainly uses the same 3.5mm 3 stage connection.

Can't say I'd bother using either the official HTC or iPhone sets as they are both incredibly uncomfortable. I wonder if the better apple headphones work as well? They are far more comfortable, but about
  3. ndall

ndall Member

Sep 6, 2009
    I'd noticed that pause/play worked with my ipod shuffle earphones. Shame the volume buttons don't.