Iphone OS X on Galaxy?Support

Last Updated:

1. galaxtus

galaxtus Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys, I new here & new to Galaxy which i brought a month ago. I am running JC6 Drakaz. I wondering, may be this is a dum question but can the OSX of Iphone can be installed instead of Android. I thought few things are common like screen resolution, almost similar processor speed. With OSX you will get all multitouch, good performance and of cource ITunes store.

Sorry, if this is stupid question:confused:.

Advertisement
  2. angeamon

angeamon Well-Known Member

Though OSX has multitouch, its not possible to use that feature in galaxy. This is bcoz the touchscreen firmware that galaxy uses doesnt support multitouch...

3. galaxtus

But in some forums i read that in Eclair 2.1 update has multitouch input. So if ever it comes that can be utiliized. I terms of rom capability OSX does not need to much rom space to run.

4. porga

porga Well-Known Member

The problem is with Screen firmware, not Eclair phone firmware, those are different categories....

5. tsphere

tsphere Well-Known Member

You can barely run OSX on a pc. apple's hallmark is that their firmware/os is closed only to their intended hardware

6. galaxtus

Thats what i asking. WHY? Because Android & Iphone Os are almost similar in updating isn't it. It also has similar functionality, Iphone has Itunes & android has market. Is there any other differenents why it cant be run. I did not find any article regarding this.

7. theredkrawler

theredkrawler Active Member

.... the hardware is totally different. While it may look similiar on paper, its made by different companies, utilises totally different firmware and hardware, and is 100% _NOT_ compatible with each other.

8. inFECT

inFECT Well-Known Member

but but but .... it has I TUNES!!

<insert-random-facepalm-picture> ;-)

9. informale

informale Well-Known Member

iTunes is better than NPS, lol ) But I'd rather stick with a general purpose file manager and an app for flashing fw, which I do )

10. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

if you want the iphone os why not just buy an iphone? seems a bit silly to buy an android and at the same time want to use iphone os...

11. FadeFx

FadeFx Well-Known Member

hehe, if its to expensive you can still buy a ipod touch, ok... you cant do phone calls, but... at least you have this ******* itunes ;-)