• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone owner says "yea... Droid wins"

Thanks for sharing but....

Wins what? The contest? What contest?

Is anyone else getting tired of hearing about every single touch screen phone being pitted against that fruity phone? iPhone was not the first touch screen phone. Yeah, they made some cool innovations in mobile technology but seriously, the whole "compare to the iPhone/iPhone killer" stuff is getting way old and the fact that Motorola and Verizon decided to do it themselves makes it even more annoying.

iPhone = great toy.. but phone? Voted worst phone

Let's change it up. Windows Mobile Killer? Definitely

Upvote 0
yeah it's great when a fan of the fruit gets put in his place. Like I said, apple's innovation hasn't been overlooked. I'm not hating on the iPhone, just the stupid little competition every 16 year old thinks there is

Look, the person who started this thread was excited about the fact that an "iPhone user" had admitted that the Droid was a better phone, contrary to most "iPhone user"s who generally will defend their phone to the end.

Whether or not you are tired of the Droid (and other touch screen phones) being compared to the iPhone doesn't mean you can be an ass to whoever decides to make a comment about it. As you mentioned even the Verizon commercials go out of their way to compare the two phones, so how can you blame someone for doing it themselves?

If it bothers you so much, don't click on threads with titles like "iPhone owner says "yea... Droid wins". I think the Twilight movies are the most awful movies to come out in years but if I went to see New Moon I wouldn't bitch about how one of the most terrible movies ever wasted two hours of my life BECAUSE I PAID TO SEE IT.

Upvote 0
The real winner here is us consumers.

Sure, the iphone is better at a lot of stuff, and the droid is better at a lot of stuff, but what matters is now Apple will have to make some serious updates to their iPhone.

I predict the iPhone this summer to have a much better screen than the current version, I suspect it will run apps in the background, and have wallpapers and a widget type implementation.

I also predict we will see a CDMA version, (and not that duct tape covered thing they may or may not be testing now).

This will cause other manufacturers that run the android OS to up their game.

Believe me, this is a win for us, who cares which phone is better right now (because it will change quickly).

Upvote 0
I have an IPOD Touch and will have the Motorola Droid on Monday so I have the best of both worlds IMO. The sheer amount of apps for the Iphone is amazing as is the amount of really cool games you can play. I hope the Droid has similar type apps. I have yet to hear many people talk about the Droid's game playing abilities even though it has the same video chipset as the newest Iphones. Then again, I just joined this site maybe 10 minutes ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones