iPhone sms emoticons on Android

Last Updated:

1. kramer65

kramer65 New Member

I sometimes get sms text messages from people using an iPhone which occasionally also use all sorts of specific emoticons which in android are displayed as little square boxes.

Does anybody know of an app or emoticon-pack of some sort, with which these icons can also be displayed on my android phone?

Nikon Nik likes this.
  2. ntebis

ntebis Well-Known Member

do you mean emoji???
  3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Sounds like emoji to me too. You might have better luck if you search with the correct keywords.
  4. Eusibius2

Eusibius2 Well-Known Member

search for HONSO on AppBrain...
  5. Casbah

Casbah Well-Known Member

Tried several of these apps using Twitter, Twicca, Twidroid, Tweetdeck beta, Toiteur and none of them will correctly display emoticons in tweets or send them for that matter. All I see when I send are small boxes and the other person sees the same. When they send from an iphone I don't see anything that's not text.

Very disappointing (but still like Android better than my iPhone) :)
  6. Eusibius2

Eusibius2 Well-Known Member

Yeah - I found the same thing with HONSO. It basically allows you to SEND emoji type icons, but you can't see them unless you paste them in the HONSO app. Still doesn't allow you to actually use them in a friendly way. It's something though...
  7. ilovefarts

ilovefarts Well-Known Member

Yeah I use go SMS but it won't let me send them to people. My friend has an iPhone and has it enabled, but I can't send them to him. Dumb.
  8. merryj

merryj New Member

If you use Go SMS, they have an emoji plugin. It works for me - my friend has an iPhone and we can both see each other's sent and received emoji (as long as I read my texts in Go SMS).
  9. sanibel

sanibel Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS has Emoji plugin as well. A fantastic SMS app, IMO.
  10. mariposa21

mariposa21 Member

I can see my friends emoji from her iphone, but she can't see my htc evo 3rd emoji's. I use go sms. Should she use go sms also?
  11. Pep

Pep Well-Known Member

X2 I use GOSMS with the Emoji plugin and works fine

Estefany Ferman likes this.
  12. Estefany Ferman

Estefany Ferman New Member

I have emojis , but in a app, the problem is i cant see the emojis i send or the emojis they are sending me i hate that !!!
  13. robdam1001

robdam1001 Well-Known Member