• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

iPhone to turn Android back into a pumpkin

so the idiot who wrote that piece disregards all factual data right off the bat; the makes a proclamation about the reasons VZW does what they do, without anything to back up his claim; and then repeatedly insults anyone who might disagree.

The funny thing is that when you look at the home page of this magazine every other add posted is for an apple product as are the bulk of their "tech" articles. IOW's objectivity and research are not part of this rag. sadly since it is online, you can't even use the printed version for toilet paper (in a pinch of course).

Upvote 0
so I got a notice to check the messages posted on that site, where I had posted essentially the same thing as posted above (except for the TP bit). I get a note saying that the site has blocked me from posting comments. I guess well reasoned responses asking them to post to a higher standard are not the kind of dribble preferred there. LOL

Upvote 0
I'm not gonna lie. He's sort of right. The reason I bought an Android phone was because Verizon didn't offer any real good phones that gave me that iPhone experience. I had an iPod touch at the time and thought the iPhone OS was the greatest thing known to man. After using android for a while now and now having an incredible I love this OS. My gf has an iPhone and even she admits my phone is better. The iPhone OS is so boring now. I'm staying with Android even if the Iphone comes to Verizon.

Upvote 0
This guy's only valid point was that many people chose Android because their carrier didn't have the iPhone or the cost of the iPhone service and unit outweighed its usefulness. Fragmentation is indeed Android's worst enemy, but that is slowly becoming a thing of the past. While some like the Droid offer a full keyboard and others that don't, the main buttons of the Android OS remain the four buttons found at the bottom of the screen that is showing on nearly all handsets. If a company wants to modify Android to their needs so be it. It does slow updates some, but I believe this will be a thing of the past.

As for me, I did choose Android because T-Mobile doesn't have the iPhone. However, I could have gotten it and jailbroke it. Then, you suffer the potential of Apple gimping your phone simply because they don't want you doing what you as a consumer have the legal right to, which is modify it. In hindsight, barring the crappy experience I had with the Behold II, Android has been a much better choice. I now realize how stagnant the iPhone is and it shows with the leaps that Android is making.

Of course, fanboys will be fanboys. Apple people tend to be rather diehard and their company is really ruining advancement by sitting on their one piece of hardware issuing a remake of the same thing with only minor improvements. This has always been Apple's strategy. If they weren't adding anything substantial to their products, they were shoving out new versions of things so fast that consumers were left feeling cheated when a new item came out that almost invalidated their purchase. I bear a lot ill-will to Apple and their fanboy public.

Upvote 0
Better get used to more 'articles' like these as Android grows more popular. I couldn't read through the whole thing as it was quite obvious the author was just a diehard Apple fanboy and just glossed over Android's advantages to bolster his argument. Just look at At&t and the fact that there still isn't one decent Android phone that's subsidized. Why? For the simple reason there will be tons of defections to Android and they can't afford to sour their relationship with Steve Blow Jobs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones