Last Updated:

1. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. HustlinDaily

HustlinDaily Well-Known Member

Don't call it an article.

Articles have facts.

It is an editorial. And a very bad one at that.

3. MuerteMan

MuerteMan Well-Known Member

That was funny, and just more evidence of what our world is turning into. People who believe they know everything, and try to tell people everything. Its going to be a sad place pretty soon.

4. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

stopped reading after the first sentence. I have quite a few friends that aren't included in this perceived "geekdom" who have android phones, and chose them over iPhones.

5. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

I <3 iFans and how they constantly bash the platform that is taking over the Mobile OS market.

6. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

so the idiot who wrote that piece disregards all factual data right off the bat; the makes a proclamation about the reasons VZW does what they do, without anything to back up his claim; and then repeatedly insults anyone who might disagree.

The funny thing is that when you look at the home page of this magazine every other add posted is for an apple product as are the bulk of their "tech" articles. IOW's objectivity and research are not part of this rag. sadly since it is online, you can't even use the printed version for toilet paper (in a pinch of course).

7. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

so I got a notice to check the messages posted on that site, where I had posted essentially the same thing as posted above (except for the TP bit). I get a note saying that the site has blocked me from posting comments. I guess well reasoned responses asking them to post to a higher standard are not the kind of dribble preferred there. LOL

8. mez

mez Well-Known Member

that made me laugh. actually a couple of my iphone friends found it funny aswell.

9. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

LOL First site I ever got banned from. For being a fAnboy...

10. HustlinDaily

HAHHAHAHHAHHA I too posted a comment, it was removed and I am now blocked from post comments.

****in fanbois lol. Make crazy points then lack the ability to debate them.

11. thekarens

thekarens Well-Known Member

The guy is clueless......... I'm not a geek and I'm not on AT&T or Verizon and I still chose Android, go figure!

12. HustlinDaily

you are a geek!!!

You geek! Geeeekk!!!!!!!!!!!

13. 1Paladin

1Paladin Active Member

<Sniff, sniff> Yes you are, we smell our own... i:)i

14. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna lie. He's sort of right. The reason I bought an Android phone was because Verizon didn't offer any real good phones that gave me that iPhone experience. I had an iPod touch at the time and thought the iPhone OS was the greatest thing known to man. After using android for a while now and now having an incredible I love this OS. My gf has an iPhone and even she admits my phone is better. The iPhone OS is so boring now. I'm staying with Android even if the Iphone comes to Verizon.

15. whytecell

whytecell Member

This was funny! blah blah blah.. geek... blah blah blah android sucks.... blah blah blah. nothing in that article was information at all.

16. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

Dang it.. I knew it. Now I gotta sell this Android phone.

17. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

LOL its like this guy wants to criminalize owning an android device.

18. Gibbs

Gibbs Active Member

completely useless. that writer is an idiot plain and simple. care to explain where all the iPhone users that ditched it and switched to android fit in? yeah.... nothing like a troll on the interwebs.

19. MJM128

MJM128 Well-Known Member

This guy doesn't even make sense...apparently there are more geeks in the world than "normal" people then. Android will overtake apple for just too many reasons. It seems everyone has their own reason that they choose android over an iphone.

20. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

This idiot is absolutely laughable. And banning any dissenting commenters without reason? Douche.

21. Todd M

Todd M Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can('t) believe those chumps actually banned people from here for debating their points. Classless and fanboi-esque I suppose.

22. Drhyde

Drhyde Well-Known Member

This guy's only valid point was that many people chose Android because their carrier didn't have the iPhone or the cost of the iPhone service and unit outweighed its usefulness. Fragmentation is indeed Android's worst enemy, but that is slowly becoming a thing of the past. While some like the Droid offer a full keyboard and others that don't, the main buttons of the Android OS remain the four buttons found at the bottom of the screen that is showing on nearly all handsets. If a company wants to modify Android to their needs so be it. It does slow updates some, but I believe this will be a thing of the past.

As for me, I did choose Android because T-Mobile doesn't have the iPhone. However, I could have gotten it and jailbroke it. Then, you suffer the potential of Apple gimping your phone simply because they don't want you doing what you as a consumer have the legal right to, which is modify it. In hindsight, barring the crappy experience I had with the Behold II, Android has been a much better choice. I now realize how stagnant the iPhone is and it shows with the leaps that Android is making.

Of course, fanboys will be fanboys. Apple people tend to be rather diehard and their company is really ruining advancement by sitting on their one piece of hardware issuing a remake of the same thing with only minor improvements. This has always been Apple's strategy. If they weren't adding anything substantial to their products, they were shoving out new versions of things so fast that consumers were left feeling cheated when a new item came out that almost invalidated their purchase. I bear a lot ill-will to Apple and their fanboy public.

23. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

Better get used to more 'articles' like these as Android grows more popular. I couldn't read through the whole thing as it was quite obvious the author was just a diehard Apple fanboy and just glossed over Android's advantages to bolster his argument. Just look at At&t and the fact that there still isn't one decent Android phone that's subsidized. Why? For the simple reason there will be tons of defections to Android and they can't afford to sour their relationship with Steve Blow Jobs.

24. Rota

Rota Well-Known Member

Haha, mindless Apple nutswingers are getting mad that their precious iPhone's time on top is nearly over.

25. jisoo411

jisoo411 New Member

Maybe if the pumpkin were encrusted with diamonds and had a gold stem...