IPhone Users (and others) iTunes Replacement for Android.Tips

1. SirSlayer

SirSlayer Well-Known Member

Just thought I would share this with our users. Its am iTunes type application for your android device. I am just starting to use it but couldn't wait to post the link. Its free to use and there is a desktop client as well as an android client.

ENJOY! :D

doubleTwist - The Cure for iPhone Envy

PS... Has Pod casts too!!!!! oh this is sweet!

Advertisement
  2. Baboontyme

Baboontyme Active Member

Another option - If you want to keep using iTunes, there's an app called "iSyncr" which pretty easily imports all of your iTunes content onto your phone.
  3. acc97a

acc97a Member

I'm just running TuneSync. I didn't want to use another app like DoubleTwist so I just use TuneSync to *wirelessly* sync whatever iTunes playlists I want to my EVO. Works well, they have a lite version that is free for testing. It only syncs up to 20 songs per playlist.

I just wish it would also wirelessly sync movie files. Hopefully that's coming in the future.
  4. Dreamliner

Dreamliner Well-Known Member

bTunes is identical to iTunes.
  5. SirSlayer

The one I posted has a windows client as well that you can sync stuff with. Its not a player.
  6. redenfield

redenfield Active Member

I used DT to sync my Evo over the weekend, but can't find a solution for my missing album art. I tried Media Monkey to embed the art in the tracks and still am missing 70% of my album art. So frustrating...
  7. SirSlayer

Yea I hear ya there. I did try loading album art a few devices ago and when I loaded my SD card the art showed up. I would need to dig in and see were its at and see if I can add the rest.
  8. telrev

telrev Member

I have the "ituner" addon for iTunes that does a pretty good job of sync'ing playlists to my Evo, as well as album art.

iTuner - The iTunes Companion
  9. sjwaste

sjwaste Member

I just set up TuneSync. Lite version for now. This is great, to be quite honest. I use a MacBook, so I'm pretty happy with iTunes on that platform. Being able to add wireless sync to something that isn't an iPod is deliciously ironic and very convenient.

I buy most of my music from the Amazon store anyway, and between its downloader putting songs into iTunes and TuneSync having the option to sync phone purchases from there with iTunes, I'm pretty much set. And I can continue to sync my iPod Touch seamlessly from the same library if I end up still using it.

Thanks for the info, folks.
  10. lyons238

lyons238 Well-Known Member

isyncr is the app i use for syncing and it automatically embeds the correct album art. i the use btunes for my player which is just like itunes.
  11. Treasley

Treasley Member

Is this thread still populated? If so how is the development on all these different programs? Did one come out on top in the last 2 years?
  12. SmoovC

SmoovC Well-Known Member

Why even actually store music on your phone? With Audiogalaxy you can stream all of your iTunes music (or any other music stored on your desktop) to your phone. :D
  13. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

i actually like google music myself.
  14. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

So do I. It works great on my Evo 4G
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  15. I use this and spotify
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  16. bylerj1

bylerj1 Well-Known Member

What programs allow you to wirelessly sync music to my evo?
  17. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Between what program?

Google play music keeps all your music on the cloud... so it does exactly that
    ocnbrze likes this.
  18. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Agreed....Google Play Music + Spotify = no need for iTunes ever again in any way shape or form.

With maybe a sprinkling of Amazon MP3 on the side.
  19. gonowhere

gonowhere Well-Known Member

Double Twist also has Air Sync.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  20. doesgo

doesgo Well-Known Member

Some time ago I broke down and rated all the music I care about in iTunes. Not long after I became quite fed up with iTunes and would love to stop using it and would, if not for all the time I put into rating my music! What to do?

My top preference is Google Music, but I'm having a heck of a time getting playlists to import correctly from either iTunes or WMP. I'm a big fan of Google, but despite the multitude of great ideas they put out there, implementation of them is often a bit lacking, as if they got to 95% complete and got bored. Google Music is an example of that, IMO. I like using it, but getting it to work the way I want has been challenging.

I bought PowerAmp for Android some time ago and it's a good player, but not an importer/syncer.

Amazon mp3 player is really nice, IMO, and you can play music stored locally or stream from your Amazon music cloud drive thingy but again, I haven't got ratings or playlists to import.

doubleTwist has a lot of promise and the Android app is nice, but holy cow, the Windows desktop client crashes more than anything I've ever experienced! I tried DT for the first time maybe 18 months ago and gave up on it for the terrible desktop user experience and it seems to have gotten worse since then. Three attempts in the past day, three lock-ups. Had to go into the Task Manager to kill it. Wow.

Making it worse, when DT finally found all my iTunes music and playlists, it threw extra songs into my playlists that didn't belong. My 5-star auto playlists had about 20 songs that weren't rated or were below 5 stars, for example. Similar things happened on multiple playlists.

That said, even though DT did lock up every time on the desktop and made for a horrible user experience, apparently it did successfully importe my selected iTunes playlists and music to my phone and, since the playlists it imported are in the .m3u format, now my Amazon player, PowerAmp, Google Music, and DT can all find the playlists and play them.

So I guess I've got what I set out to do, through much gnashing of teeth.

I think I'll try iSyncr next, though. I'd gladly pay $2.99 to avoid having to fight this battle in the future. Now, if only I could export my iTunes ratings to Google Music....