iPhone Users Can Now Install Froyo Without a Computer and in Two Clicks

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Even though some of you on actual Android devices are still trying to get stepped up to 2.2 (and 2.1, for that matter) it gets even easier for iPhone users. Bootlace 2.1 is an app for jailbroken iPhones which will allow you to install iPhoDroid – the name of the Android port – without doing [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Kabob

Kabob Well-Known Member

Here that Samsung, get yer rear in gear!!!!

3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Oh man... this is rich...

First, some new bottom end device from LG (optimus one) gets 2.2 out of the box, and now the iPhone can use 2.2 before the galaxy s phones.

Samsung, if you read these forums, you have officially failed. This solidified my choice, right here, that I will never buy another Samsung mobile product after being screwed with the moment. Yup, my dad is officially an Evo for Christmas. :)

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I find it interesting that iPhone users would want Android operating systems on their devices.

Android users may want an iPhone app here and there, but are there those among us who would like to install the iOS on their X, Fascinate or Hero?

5. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

2.2 is also runs on the Touch Pro 2, but as with the iPhone, it's not fully functional. I don't think anyone is using 2.2 on these devices day to day, it's simply a hacker "because we can" type of thing. Same reason I ran the Mac OS on my Amiga back in the day. Useful? NO! Cool? YES!!!

6. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That makes a lot more sense than my first impression that iPhone users were "upgrading" to Android's OS.

Perhaps that's a goal of some, though. ;)