iPhone vs Galaxy S screenshotGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

...and how much Samsung copied the iPhone interface.

bollin likes this.
  3. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

True that.

4. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

i saw this in a video and the difference is even bigger on it. i still think it's funny how apple sued htc with a bull lawsuit when samsung has been sitting quiet doing this.

5. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

Haha, I love it lol. Too funny

6. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Trust me, Apple isn't going to mess with Samsung. Who do you think makes the RAM chip and ARM cortex A8 processor they use?

Samsung has more components in other phones than any other manufacturer.

7. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

phone looks great and has awesome specs. total iphone wannabe though, kinda turn off. if this phone comes out on t-mo next week though, i am gettin it without a doubt.

8. Flaring Afro

Flaring Afro Well-Known Member

They said it's coming this summer (and didn't specify which carrier but it is gsm).

9. mobimop

mobimop Well-Known Member

10. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

Guys, that is just the menu. The idle screens still look like Android. Most any device witha decent menu looks like an iPhone menu. A grid of links to launch applications. The addition of 4 frequently used icons on the bottom + menu open is what everyone is blaming for being an iPhone copy. Not the case at all.....

11. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100%, this phone coming out with this UI makes apples lawsuit look even worse(if that's possible). It shows who they are more threatened by though.

12. waspbr

waspbr Well-Known Member

this is a bit of an over reaction, the apps menu may be similar due to the fact that there are just a bunch of icons stacked side by side. Even then samsung approach is somewhat different, see those three dots on top, they represent different pages/sections which can be used to organize the apps.

Also this is the app screen, not the home screen of the phone. The interface has widgets and a whole range of other features that have nothing to do with iphone.

13. deeoh1084

deeoh1084 Well-Known Member

seriously y do u guys think sammy copied iphone?? just like waspbr said that's just the app menu screen not the regular home screen if u look at the video they have for this phone u will see the big difference between iphone and galaxy s if u don't like it just don't get it stop leaving stupid comments

14. rtimi

rtimi Member

Actually if everyone is saying samsung took it from iphone then iphone took it from palm.[​IMG]

15. Jack10

Jack10 Well-Known Member

Actually its coming in Q2. So the latest it will arrive is June. :D

16. rtimi

rtimi Member

to all those that said it look like an iphone you can actually change it to list view
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I love the Super AMOLED screen. Samsung will be selling it to all of the mobile manufacturers though, and I'd be REALLY surprised if we don't see one (and of course the same processor that's in the Galaxy S) in the new iPhone.

18. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

It's not so much the layout that looks like an iPhone copy, but the icons themselves. Especially the phone, calender and time icons. The phone one is almost an exact copy, the calender one is the same except is has a green bar instead of a red bar, and the clock is the same except for the bells added like on an old alarm clock. But you gotta admit that the icons are VERY similar.

On another note, since this thing is Android, does that mean it can be rooted and have a different Android install put on it, like the Desire/Sense setup?

alscott likes this.
  19. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

suXor likes this.
  20. wellmiss

wellmiss Member

I actually went from an unlocked iPhone on Tmobile to a Samsung Vibrant this last week. There are some things that I miss about the iPhone...I liked the calendar better, but then I found Gemini....LOVE IT. The other issue is contacts I don't like how that is all done....can't edit from the Vibrant! If there is another way please let me know.

Initially there was a battery issue...but that could have been NTS (new toy syndrome for which the only cure is to play with it). Today was much better, but I have also found a few tricks to help with extending my battery life(here on the forum).

Would I go back to an iPhone, possibly if Tmobile carried it(familiarity). Having to use outdated OS kinda of sucks, when you update your apps they won't work with the older OS. I have also had a Windows phone(MDA would have NEVER let that one go, but it flat out DIED after about 4 years!), and a BB Pearl (that was Ok). The MDA was the best and the Vibrant is closing in it quickly, and at the rate it is going knock the MDA out soon!

I am keeping my unlocked iPhone there are games and apps on it that are not available yet, and with text plus I can still text message with a wifi connection, along with email, ect. I also have several movies and books on there, for when there are kids that need to be distracted in the office.

I really like how the apps are separate, some you use all the time, some never and you can hide them away. The screen even in the lowest setting is AWESOME, yes it is worth yelling at you about. My son loves his, and he really likes that he can start homework projects on google docs, get a rough draft, and finalize on his laptop. Along with tuning his guitar.

Really enjoying the Vibrant!

21. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

What an odd question. :rolleyes:

You do realise Apple were not the first right?

Yep, but Samsungs list view is kind of crap, you can only get 6-7 applications displayed, compared to 16 in grid layout...

22. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

im sure ive seen an option to change text size so you will see more.

23. kungxpao

kungxpao New Member

Oh really?