iPhone4 to Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. reno55

reno55 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am strongly considering switching to the Samsung Captivate ( I know not the right forum but this is general android questions I have). My dilemma is there are certain things I love about my iphone that I am not sure I will get on Android:

1. Can I sync photos from my mac to my android and vice versa?

2. I have heard the "ipod"/music player on the android isnt so great?

3. As I understand I get 16gb on the Captivate but then I can install another 32gb card to get more on there?

Has anyone else gone from iPhone 4 to Android and how was it for you?

Advertisement
  2. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

1. Yes. Google a program called Doubletwist.

2. The native Samsung music app has divided some people. I don't' like it at all. Slow, laggy, crashes. However, all of this is made up the 5.1 audio channel. Sounds sooo good.

3. Yes

I've gone from the iPhone 3G to the Captivate. While it was a fun little experiment, both Samsung and Android still have little kinks to work out before I find them useful for me. I know several people who LOVE this phone, but I am not one of them. I will be returning it for an iPhone 4 within the next 2 weeks.

3. reno55

reno55 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I thought Doubletwist only does music?

4. DT

DT Well-Known Member

You don't even need to sync, just drop the images into the SD card. That's one thing I prefer by a huge margin. I have all my images organized into a nice folders, meta-tagged (just using the built in Winders

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Leaving the apple world to the andriod was the best thing for me. I love everything about this phone. The way I get to customize my desktop and add widgets along with the beautiful 4 inch screen made my chioce. My music player has never malfuntioned (except it plays my custom ringtones). About the only thing that's a problem is of course the GPS issue. But like I mentioned before. It give me turn by turn directions and I'm fine with that. I don't need the little circle locating my location. My eyes are still good enough to read street signs. Didn't use it on my 3G & probably won't use it on my captivate. No regrets what so ever.

6. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Doubletwist does music, photos, and video.

7. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

The newness factor of my first iphone (3g) lasted about a week and then I found out I couldn't send mms from the phone. Apple said that email was a better choice but finally released the update. Same thing with flash, and overall customization. Two phones later they gave us the iphone 4. Seems like the same old thing again. I love the captivate and since launch I have tried launch pro ADW and touch wiz. It feels like something new every time I mess with it. In fairness I never jailbroke the iphone so I cant comment on that.

They are both great phones but I was just looking for something different. Music, photos, and contacts were a breeze, I used itunes agent and synced all of my playlists at once. The music player is ok, nothing fantastic. There are so many players in the market place I am bound to find one that I like. 3 has been working well for me.

I think you will be happy with the captivate when the bugs are worked out. As for the gps, it is useable. If I am correct with apple you had to pay for turn by turn navigation through an app purchase.