Iphone4 to Droid inc?General

Last Updated:

1. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been all over the place. Blackberrys,2 Arias,droidx,blackberry torch, blackberry 9700,iphone 4.

Iphone 4 is very pretty and well built but I feel so locked down. Has anyone gone from iphone 4 to Droid inc?

I thought the Droid x was just too big. Droid 2,I dont need the keyboard and both these mentioned devices have a locked bootloader to boot no pun intended or something.

I enjoyed the android os while using the Aria, but it was so delicate and I broke 2. HTC sense is definitely better than moto blur to me. So this is why I'm thinking of going to the Droid inc. I can get a good deal on a new one. Not sure how the new screens are.

Suggestions? I definitely want to root and custom rom. I miss that about the aria.

Advertisement
  2. airjordan223

airjordan223 Well-Known Member

Sounds like the incredible is right for you. Very similar to the iphone4 in size except you can make it however you want instead of just the way steve jobs wants.

3. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Basically this is it. The iPhone is good in its own way, but Android is a different animal and it really allows for more customizing. If you want to run your OS then Android is your answer, but if you want to have your OS run FOR you then iPhone is your answer.

4. jbuck1984

jbuck1984 Well-Known Member

The only thing you may dislike is battery life. (refer to the 1000000 post about it in this forum) but hey, unlike apple, you can pull the cover off and change it to something a little bigger. I would recommend the Seidio 1750 or the 2500 that Verizon has to offer right off the bat no questions asked. Especially since you will have "new phone syndrome" for the first couple weeks. The battery drain will be crazy as you fine tune your phone and get it set up the way you want it.

5. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I have the Seidio 1750, I rooted the phone, installed SetCPU, turned down screen brightness, 30 seconds screen time out, unchecked data connection always connected and I get excellent battery life now. I also have the stock 1300 battery as a back up just in case I kill the 1750 and there is no charging port in sight.

6. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

as they have all said the Dinc is right for you since the battery is the only problem

7. nofun

nofun Member

I went from Iphone 3g to DI and think the DI to be a much better experience. However android and the DI are not quite as polished as the Iphone. But the network more than makes up for that.

8. HawaiianLaker

HawaiianLaker Well-Known Member

I would do anything to get away from apple.

9. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

The incredible is nice but it'll be old hardware by next month. I'd wait to see what the next big HTC Android phone on Verizon will be.

10. apsawyer65

apsawyer65 Member

I had the iPhone 4 for about 3 months and gave it to my son when I went for the Dinc. Haven't missed the iPhone a bit. Glad I made the switch.

11. kevin217

kevin217 Well-Known Member

i got a Dinc in may and returned it in june for the iphone 4. biggest mistake. after 3 days i was missing the incredible so bad i returned the iphone and repaid the activation charges to get my Dinc back.
    you wont be sorry

12. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

there are a TON of factors that play in to battery life.
    I have the 2150mhz battery, and am rooted with Virtuous 3.0.1 with the custom kernel from him as well, v2.. brightness turned down, bunch of bloatware removed... i had over 43 hrs on the battery before i had to charge it with moderate/slightly heavy use.

13. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Your battery cycles 2.15 times a second? Why?

14. NoRegrets78

NoRegrets78 Well-Known Member

iPhones are for users who just want a phone that works, and doesn't want to have any choices in how.

Androids are for power users who want more control and customization.

When friends/family ask which phone they should get, if they are a power user or technically inclined I say get Android. If they're just basic users with no cares about anything other than their phone looking pretty and working, I steer them toward the iPhones. In both cases I still bash the hell out of AT&T simply because I've been an iPhone user (3G) and the network kills the entire experience for me.

15. jrmckins

jrmckins Well-Known Member

Huh? The reason I don't have an iphone is because my phone must function as a phone first and a toy 2nd. iPhone on AT&T absolutely sucks as a phone.

16. SysAdmNj

SysAdmNj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

WTF? lol

Congrats on that but I wend with the Droid X, and I hope I can get the Dx to last that long. I played with the dinc and then the X at the store, and I dont know. The Dinc screen looked small for some reason. Also last time I tried the Dx I couldnt leave AT&T and returned it, I figure I give it a second chance. Ehh whatever I'm on Verizon now :D