1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

iPTT Alterative for Android?

Last Updated:

1. Elensar

Elensar New Member This Topic's Starter

So last week a friend of mine who owns an iPhone 4 came and showed me this app called iPTT. Basically, a push-to-talk app, except it doesn't work -like most apps I've seen of this kind- via contacts, but using channels, like a real radio station. You have different channels on different "frequency levels" (I'm guessing they're not real frequency levels but more of an analogy to locate them), and once you enter in a channel, there are people there, just like an online chat-room -you can even send private messages and all.

Thing is, I liked the application a lot. Just thinking of a channel where my friends and I could talk all together makes me shiver of excitement. Does anyone know any alternative to this app that works more or less the same way(not interested in contact-based PTT) and it's abailable both for Anthoid and iPhone (so the friends who have iPhone can join the conversation too)?

Thanks in advice.

Advertisement
  2. Draiko

Draiko Well-Known Member

Tikl

3. Elensar

Elensar New Member This Topic's Starter

I will repeat myself: not interested in contact-based PTT but more channel-based, like iPTT. Plus, this wouldn't work for us since iPhone users need facebook to use Tikl, and me and my friends don't like facebook much.

Thanks anyway. :)

4. radek-k

radek-k New Member

5. zulihza

zulihza New Member

How do i get this application for android SG2...i realy need it

6. SinfulSauce

SinfulSauce New Member

The owners of iptt are doing their best to bring iptt to android. Im an iptt user and let me tell you....iptt rocks. Imagine talking to ppl on the other side of the world and it sounds as if their sitting right across from you. Now you can whisper friends, shout put offline friend or leave them a recorded message. It's Awsome.!

7. iPTTMike

iPTTMike New Member

Yes, iPTT is working very hard on the app for Android, we want it to be perfect, I will keep you all posted, and sorry for all the delays!

8. ChazzP12

ChazzP12 New Member

hey mike this is chazzp12 and i just got the samsung galaxy note and i want iptt for android.... any idea when its gonna be released?

9. Yakuzahi

Yakuzahi New Member

I heard from a friend who rent few rooms in the IPTT and know very well the person who program the IPTT that a version for the Android is ready but the only reason it's not out yet is because they are having a lot of problems with it, and it doesn't work well at all.