IR blaster apps?General

1. KingsleyM

KingsleyM Member

New to Note 3, moved up from Galaxy S. Generally very few quibbles, its very fast and responsive. The file transfer seems to me magic, the storage appears to remain mounted of the phone and the PC (via USB3) simultaneously (though I am not pushing my luck changing things in both places at once).

One of the plus points on the Note 3 was the IR blaster. Unfortunately as this appears to be just a transmitter rather than a transceiver there is no way of 'teaching' remote controller IR codes (like say my old Palm).

Does anyone know of IR apps with easy to find remote control codes? I have tried IR Universal Remote but it is very tedious checking every code type by trial and error.

The only odd thing about the Note 3 is that I have to calibrate the compass (using GPS Status) before each use. Anyone else see this?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Dagr

Dagr Well-Known Member

I've found the built in WatchOn app to have a good amount of codes built in. In fact it can control my lg sound bar that I can't seem to get any of my other remotes to use properly. The room switching functionality is nice as well.
  3. juniortrd

juniortrd Member

I purchased the "Smart Remote" app ($6.99), and I am very happy with it.
  4. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

Does it allow you to create a macro composed of 6 or 7 ir blasts? It takes 6 steps to turn picture in picture on or off in a Samsung smart tv. I'd love to just hit one button that performs all 6 steps in sequence for me.
  5. Maxou

Maxou New Member

I did too, it's great, just a little hard to set up as the interface isn't extremely user friendly.
  6. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

I use the Galaxy S4 Universal Remote. Seems to get updated on a regular basis and they've added a lot of new features in the past few updates.
  7. recDNA

recDNA Well-Known Member

Is that the same app as watchon?
  8. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

No....I think watch on app is really good.
  9. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Well-Known Member

I have yet to find an app which works with my Panasonic TV .. It seems that the Panasonics need a long press to power on which the apps don't seem to be able to send ..
  10. MrClean

MrClean Well-Known Member

The Play Store sells the S4 Remote for $3.99 I think. I bought it just because I had a credit and turns out I really like it and use it daily. I don't have to hunt for the TV remote and can change the channel on my kids when they are watching something. It's really kinda fun. :D
    I'm going to try the WatchON app, never even launched it yet so I'm interested in finding out more about it.