IR Blaster not working??General

Last Updated:

1. momo5

momo5 Member

Howdy! I've had my Galaxy 10.1 Tab 2 for about a month now. When I first got it, I had no idea it could be used to change channels on my TV. I went though the Peel apps setup and had it working in 5 minutes. I've been using it a decent amount since then, however, I tried to use it yesterday and it wouldnt work. No matter what channel I chose, it would not change to that channel. So I reset the app so I could reset everything up with my TV. This time though, I couldnt make it past the first step, which was to turn on the TV. BTW, I did go through all the codes. I decided to try and hook it up to my TV in the bedroom...its a different brand, but I still could not get it to turn on.

So I guess my question there any way to test the IR blaster other than using a TV? If its defective I want to see about exchanging it.

2. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

Hmmm You didn't indicate whether your firmware was updated or not. Seems to be a problem across other forums as well.

You also did not indicate the specifics of your device as well. Please update those specs so that others may be able to assist.:dontknow: