1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

IRC ChannelTips

1. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member Developer

Hi, Lucid users! Shabbypenguin and I have an IRC channel dedicated to supporting new, oft-unused, or marginal devices. We're here to help. Let's get things going. Stop on by. We have experience with your MetroPCS sister device, the LG Connect 4G.

The IRC channel is located at:

chat.freenode.net #oudhitsquad

Or connect to webchat: Freenode Web IRC

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hercules

Hercules Well-Known Member

Good to see your interest and willingness to help. I have rooted all my phones but don't have any developer experience. The Lucid is a great phone and has some great potential. I hope more interest gets generated given its appealing price.
  3. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

hey k0nane, might as well remove the link and request teh thread be removed. seems no lg lucid owners want root.
  4. k0nane

Yep - oh well!
  5. quannumkid

quannumkid Member

There just may not be many Lucid owners yet! I'm considering this phone as my upgrade if I can get over the fact that it has a lower resolution than the higher tiered phones. If that's the case, I'd most certainly want to root it.
  6. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

I pulled the trigger on the Lucid for my upgrade. I waited around for some of the higher-end phones to be cheaper, but couldn't find any REALLY good deals. When I saw this for .01 at Amazon, I jumped on it. Dual core, 4G LTE, front camera - pretty much the features I was looking for - all for .01. And in two years I can chuck it and get a new one. :D
  7. Hercules

Hercules Well-Known Member

I definitely want root. I assume more owners will trickle in over the next few weeks that want root too.
  8. k0nane

Shame you folks who want root won't drop by and help us help you.
  9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Too bad you missed the $49 rezound last week.

I might grab this lucid for the wife.
  10. kingofbang

kingofbang Active Member

I'm currently looking into this phone as my upgrade, but the only thing sending me in the opposite direction is there isn't root yet! I'd be willing to help in any way for root to happen. I Do see this phone having great potential, I doubted the Lg Ally, which I'm currently on right now. I've found that the Ally was restored and alive thanks to root, and the developers. Lets hope we can do the same for the Lucid.
  11. windscape

windscape Member

Once I get my Lucid in a few weeks and have some spare time, I will definitely drop by the IRC channel to see if we can get root on the Lucid.
  12. Bloobs

Bloobs Member

13. k0nane

Please note the channel has changed servers.