Irritating things about the the new JM1 update. Can they be rectified?Support

Last Updated:

1. philu

philu Active Member This Topic's Starter

Irritating things about the the new JM1 update. Can they be rectified?

1) I now have written across the screen "Sweep glass to unlock <<<<<<< >>>>>>>" . Ive always known to do this. I dont need to be reminded of this. Why is the JM1 update telling me to do this? Can I get rid of it?

2) I can activate four functions by dragging down the menu. With JP3 the options were WiFi/ Bluetooth/Silent/ Vibration, but now with JM1 the option to put the phone to silent has been replaced by GPS so it reads WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/Vibration. This is a nuisance as its now necessary to go to Settings/Sounds&Display to switch the phone to Silent. Can this be sorted out?

Advertisement
  2. Jaypeebee

Jaypeebee Active Member

Use the volume button all the way down to set the phone to silent, and then one notch up for silent with vibrate.

3. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member

Alternatively, press the phone icon and then simply hold down the # button on the phone keypad for a second. Repeat again to turn silent off.

4. philu

philu Active Member This Topic's Starter

What about the "Sweep glass to unlock <<<<<<< >>>>>>>" issue. How ridiculous this is printed across the opening screen.

5. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

It would be nice to update to jm1 as kies wont let me

6. BeEnAr

BeEnAr Member

hey guys, you do know that on JM1 you can go to silent mode by holding the power button on the side down and then selecting silent on or off by touching the option on screen yeah? You can also go to Airplane mode from here and turn off your phone ;)

7. Bethbaby

Bethbaby Active Member

I must be really lucky as I got my Galaxy S today on Vodafone and it's unbranded!!! I'm so chuffed with it, I was going to wait for an Iphone but with 8 months remaining on my contract and a desperate urge to get a new phone I got this with a cashback offer I couldn't refuse... it payed my old contract off!!!

8. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Regards the lockscreen - better off just replacing it with Widget Locker (also needs No Lock to turn off the default lockscreen). Better functionality by miles.

9. steve19800

steve19800 Member

Ok, so I found this no lock app. Download no lock and widgetlocker, install and activate both of them. Done :) no 'sweep glass' anymore while your phone is locked by widgetlocker ..