Is 2.2 coming tomorrow (July 13)?

Last Updated:

1. Dabrador

Dabrador Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The latest information I've seen indicate July 13 as the beginning date for 2.2 updates for the Droid.

Probability of this happening?

Advertisement
  2. mp3ster

mp3ster Active Member

1%. My moto rep ( i work at a verizon store) says that it should be coming in august. or late july at earliest.

antinjapan, crackdroid1 and Dabrador like this.
  3. Dabrador

Thanks for the insight mp3ster

4. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Take your pick among the rumored answers (as usual)...

5. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

i will try to offer some advice here:

lets say you have actually seen some credible info that leads us to believe what you have stated here. "the latest information ive seen" translates to most people as something along the lines of "my dog just pooped and it has the image of abraham lincoln in it!"

by seeming as if you are the only person on the planet with this pertinent info and not providing others with the source, this thread will be 97 replies deep and 96 of those will be made at your expense.

hope that helps some.

Lucki likes this.
  6. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

If you cannot handle waiting try out a custom ROM. :)

7. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

If it is released should the rooted people download it too or just keep using the custom Roms....since they are the same thing?

8. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Here's the sources:
    Rumor: Motorola DROID Receiving Android 2.2 July 13th - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Android 2.2 Slated for Motorola Droid July 13, Droid X for August - Mobile and Wireless from eWeek

He never said he has pertinent info that no one else knew.
    Most people who keep up with the Droid and Froyo saw the thread posted here a few weeks back.. just sayin' o_O
    Regardless, I don't think a few websites reporting a "rumor" of a july 13 release means anything.

Dabrador likes this.
  9. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Chances are your ROM will be updated if the official release is different in any way. Most likely the final build will be different than what we have seen. However, if you have a ROM built from source you are good and should only be concerned with updates from whoever built the ROM from source.

10. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

The Magic 8 Ball says "Outlook cloudy, try again later". :D

11. smilepak

smilepak Well-Known Member

Does it really matters that 2.2 is coming to Droid tomorrow or next month? People have been using 2.2 on droid for a few weeks now. heehh

12. Dabrador

Riffdex: Well said. Those are the sources I was referring to.

candyblackandgold: What you call advice was not. It was simply you enjoying listening to yourself.

smilepak: While I understand most users/contributors to this site have rooted, some have not. I am one of those. I'm simply looking for an idea on timing for this release.

13. Prime

Prime Well-Known Member

lets hope

I think it will start rolling out tomorrow

14. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest

it wont happen as tomorrow is my birthday and nothing good ever happends on my b day. why I went ahead and rooted it.

history shows google/ moto/verizon never releases anything on time. case in point update 2.1:eek:

15. vandyblackandgold

vandyblackandgold Well-Known Member

you can interpret it anyway you want. i wasnt just "listening to myself speak" as you put it.

thats cool though. you keep trucking right along and feel free to assume that everyone has read every single rumor that you and 4 other people saw on other android message boards and blogs and wonder why people like myself or anyone else has something to say other than thanks when you start posts like this.

riffdex: i am on these boards everyday i am in town. i dont recall the thread you mentioned.

my sincere apologies to everyone that i didnt remember one thread that was posted a few weeks ago in a subforum that contains 12,451 conversations as of this post.

i guess my dictionary is just plain wrong, seeing as how the title of this thread is:

is froyo coming july 13?

and the actual post read:

the latest information I'VE seen.

am i seriously the only person here that interpreted that as to say:

hey, i read something that said i am getting froyo on july 13.

silly, silly me.

next time i promise i will not try to explain to anyone why a particular thread might turn into a flame war based off their original post.

16. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I swear, i spend so much time looking at other phones(evo, incredible, x) and i haven't been keeping up with my own device lol

we are getting froyo tomorrow? Possibly?
    cool....

2.2 is the one they were discussing at the google conference a month or so ago right?

17. dys07

dys07 Active Member

moto reps and verizon store employees dont know shit about anything. just my humble opinion.

:D

18. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

Probably not gonna happen tomorrow. In any case, unless VZW or Moto release an "official" announcement of the OTA update day, just don't hold your breath. Seriously you'll avoid a number of headaches.

19. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Well, first, most ROMs and both recoveries block updates so you won't even be prompted. Second, NEVER install and official OTA (unless it's deemed okay by the ROM community). Every update (2.0, 2.0.1, 2.1 etc) needs to be cracked in order to enable root. 2.1 was never completely cracked which is why if you're on it and want to root, you pretty much have to flash 2.0.1 in order to do it. Either way, if there are goodies in the "official" 2.2 for Droid, the developers will snatch em up and put them in the new ROMs :D

20. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

Seriously you need to have a drink and take a nap. Way to overreact. Nothing the op stated screamed " I HAVE INSIDE INFO ".

21. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

Gotta ask....since my wife won't let me root and upgrade her phone...LOL
    So, did ANYONE get an OTA prompt today?!

22. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

Some person just claimed to have here on the site but I think they should be banned if they lied and/or rooted and said it was froyo.

23. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

+1 lol:D

24. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

It is big day for verizon though with them hiding Droid X's in cities and having a scavenger hunt. I saw they did one in Houston 20 min form me but I go to twitter too late to see and it was just found ugh!! A pretty cool marketing thing though. They are all over the country in big cities. Now roll out 2.2 and we have a deal lol for me not getting a droid x lol

25. johnnybirdman

johnnybirdman Well-Known Member

Raises Hand... I know the answer... 0.0%
    J.