Is 2.2 safe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. julian18d7

julian18d7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got me evo 2 days ago after 3 weeks of waiting i would probably cry if an update ruined my phone.

Advertisement
  2. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member

If you read a handful of threads here, you will see that the "leaked" 2.2 update is perfectly safe.

Now, if you brick your phone, you get what you asked for - installing a "non-official" release, so good luck.

3. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

Yeah its honestly up to you. HTC says do not install it because its not the final build and if you mess up your phone HTC and sprint have no obligation to give you a new phone. Sprint is not kind to people that go into the bootloader to load unofficial roms.

If you feel like your skilled enough and want it bad enough i say go for it. I myself will wait the 3 days and not risk it.

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

The update is a Release Candidate.

It could end up being the one pushed out in a few days - or not.

Exercise patience and trust any inner voices you have.

Most folks seem to be doing just fine with it - others have had installation errors.

Read through the threads and see what's right for you.

5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

if you have waited this long... just wait till next week. enjoy your AWESOME phone for the next few days. set it up as you like it.. and get the update as its pushed. :) you got one of the best phones on the market... enjoy in. youll get youre froyo in no time.

sagedil likes this.
  6. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

to the op, the choice is yours. there are risks in everything. if you want to play it safe then wait until next week with its sent out officially. im going to wait until next week..not because im scared of whats out there now but that im in no rush.

again, as others suggested, read the threads, get informed, make your own decision.

if you want to discuss further, send me a PM and i'll help where i can...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.