• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read a handful of threads here, you will see that the "leaked" 2.2 update is perfectly safe.

Now, if you brick your phone, you get what you asked for - installing a "non-official" release, so good luck.

Yeah its honestly up to you. HTC says do not install it because its not the final build and if you mess up your phone HTC and sprint have no obligation to give you a new phone. Sprint is not kind to people that go into the bootloader to load unofficial roms.

If you feel like your skilled enough and want it bad enough i say go for it. I myself will wait the 3 days and not risk it.

Upvote 0
to the op, the choice is yours. there are risks in everything. if you want to play it safe then wait until next week with its sent out officially. im going to wait until next week..not because im scared of whats out there now but that im in no rush.

again, as others suggested, read the threads, get informed, make your own decision.

if you want to discuss further, send me a PM and i'll help where i can...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones