Is a ported incredible rom for eris possible??

Last Updated:

1. iflip

iflip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im Thinking that there would be less work than hero roms to optimize it for eris, since the incredible is more of the similar phone than hero. Maybe delete some minor features. I'm wondering about that because ive heard that theres no lag in the dialer. Also, live wallpapers functionable with sense ui. That could be the precursor to evil eris 1.3, hint hint.

Advertisement
  2. MuerteMan

MuerteMan Well-Known Member

I do not believe that it is more similar then the Hero actually. The Hero uses the same radio, and has alot of the same internals as the eris. The Incredible however is different, and has way differnt internals. This is just my 2 cents.

3. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

the hero IS the same as the eris.

4. MuerteMan

Not perfectly though. If you straight flashed a Hero ROM now you would be screwed. The softtouch buttons among a few other things are different.

On the other hand, none of this is to discourage a Incredible ROM, because if someone got it to work, it could be sweet (especially if they get full verizon market).

5. iflip

iflip Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well then. im hoping that the aloysius rom will improve. its still to buggy for me. i was under the impression that the incredible was an eris woth a 1g snapdragon and camera flash, and could easily be optimized for its predecessor.

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

The snapdragon processor is exactly why it is NOT an Eris or a Hero. It uses a completely different, and newer chipset.

7. MuerteMan

Another not I feel I should add for any dev that reads this. If the friendstream widget is possible, could we get a port of that? Thanks so much for the hard work guys.

8. Rick620

Rick620 Member

well there is the kaoslegend v12 rom. its like having an incredible in your Eris. friendstream and all the new Widgets are included. its very fast. it has live wallpapers. missing mms which is huge for me. only available to rooted phones.

9. Rick620

Rick620 Member

LOL,oh boy

10. n1ghtwish

n1ghtwish Well-Known Member

Flash the leak #3 based ROM by jcase - it has full market and works very well with the LWP/Nexus Launcher patch.