Is A Temp Root Possible?

Last Updated:

1. chugger93

chugger93 Member This Topic's Starter

Is any sort of temp root possible? Sprint Hero? I just wanted to root, uninstall sprint garbage and unroot.

Most would say, well why don't you leave it rooted? Well I don't have a good answer for that. I guess I dont wanna jack anything up. I'd want to phone to function like it is now. Plus I'm not sure if rooting gives you that main menu (dos type window) when u boot up. Didnt really want that.

Any comments are welcome! Thank you!

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Rooting only gives you that root menu if you boot up holding the menu/volume down button. Otherwise, it starts up normally. Leaving it rooted won't hurt anything, and you can't mess anything up by leaving it rooted.

3. chugger93

chugger93 Member This Topic's Starter

What about when 2.0 comes out tho...will my phone update without error. I guess thats my biggest concern as well.

4. etbrandt

etbrandt Well-Known Member

Not to my knowledge there isn't, using the RUU will unroot it and return it to stock but you would get the bloatware back.

The phone would continue to function the way it is...no menu on boot up. I think people make rooting out to be a far greater deal than what it is. If you don't tinker with things after you do it chances are it's not gonna "jack anything up" ;)

5. etbrandt

You probably will have to RUU, or wait a day people to alter the install file.

6. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

you MIGHT have to flash the recovery before trying to update to 2.x. But within a day or so of 2.x coming out, it'll be rooted again. So basically it'd take an extra 15 minutes or so to update, due to doing the recovery and re-rooting/deleting apps.

I could be wrong on this one though, and it'd be great if someone could clarify it.

7. etbrandt

Basically if you want to keep root, you will likely have to wait for the devs to alter the install file so it will work on the rooted device. The reason being that 2.1 could very well fix the exploit that was used to gain root.