• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Allo releasing this week? Hope so!

Apparently it's OUT - I just installed Google Allo :)

EDIT: It's pretty cool, but there are some growing pains. I can use it for messaging, but it didn't import any messages from Chomp SMS and there is no way to make it the default app. The text suggestions are very clever, and there are more than enough emoticons to make anyone happy. So far, so good... but I have a lot of learning to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apparently it's OUT - I just installed Google Allo :)

EDIT: It's pretty cool, but there are some growing pains. I can use it for messaging, but it didn't import any messages from Chomp SMS and there is no way to make it the default app. The text suggestions are very clever, and there are more than enough emoticons to make anyone happy. So far, so good... but I have a lot of learning to do.

http://phandroid.com/2016/09/21/allo-default-text-sms-messaging-app-android/

I'm just curious what Google plans to do with Jibe and the planned RCS texting app???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones