Is an eeepad/polaris compatible with most files?Support

Last Updated:

1. chiko930

chiko930 Member

I am looking for a netbook to take backpacking with me but still need to do work on word, excel, powerpoint, publisher and paint. I hear the eeepad cannot use microsoft office and dont mind switching to polaris but am worried that I won be able to access some files and in turn, people without polaris will not be able to view mine? Can anyone tell me whether this will be a big issue and if so, how big of one? Even if there are occassional problems, they always seem to happen at the most important times!

2. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

Polaris is good for viewing Microsoft Office files but not for making them-
    The spreadsheet program won't let you tab, enter, or use arrows, you have to tap the screen to change boxes every time.

The "presentation" (powerpoint) program views files fine, it's a pain to make them. It's fairly basic, and I'm not sure if it would read PPT 2010 files. Polaris doesn't have many options, such as opening password protected files, etc...

I love the Transformer but it can't do everything yet. A netbook would be cheaper and can do most the Transformer can, except GPS.