• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is Android for me?

2011 is the year Android is going to get it's games. Open Feint has a HUGE library of games they are going to almost all port over to Android. We have Snesnoid, Nesoid and all of those other console emulators, don't forget about that. Plants VS Zombies is going to be ported and lots of other devs are transitioning. Android sales are still growing rapidly, it's just a matter of time until we take over.

Android is the word! Lol

Upvote 0
Why is Google a selling point for the android? The way I understand things is that if you got a smartphone you can just pull up Google on the internet. Do you get more perks through Google by having an Android phone?

In general, a dedicated app on your phone will be easier to use than a mobile-version of a website. One of the advantages of using any of Google's programs is that your data is on the cloud, meaning it can be accessed as long as you have a data connection. That means you never need to back up your files. Calendar events and emails are auto-synced when you first sign in to google on your phone.

Google also has a lot of high quality apps that come free with Android phones: Maps, Navigation, Voice, Shopper, MyTracks, Goggles, Sky Map, Picasa, etc.

Upvote 0
Why is Google a selling point for the android? The way I understand things is that if you got a smartphone you can just pull up Google on the internet. Do you get more perks through Google by having an Android phone?

You can do a voice search just by speaking into the phone with the app. You cannot do this with just internet access on your phone. As someone also mentioned, Google Goggles allow you to take a picture with your smartphone camera and search Google with the app. You cannot do this with just internet access on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones