• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help is android/google getting a bad rep because of samsung

datruth

May 4, 2010
I think that google need to step in and start requiring manufacturer's like Samsung or LG or HTC ect to automatically update their phones to the new O.S. as long as the phone can handle the update...the thing is what we are experiencing with the galaxy s line may not only leave a bad taste in our mouth about Samsung but about android as well..what I like about apple and the iPhone is that they release an major upgrade once a year to a new o.s. Google releases about 2 which some phones will never get the newest update so its like a never ending game with Google that's getting old really fast...if I'm Google I would want my latest and greatest software on all phones that can take it...cause people will jump back to blackberry or iPhone cause you don't have these problems

I don't think so.

The people that know or care (like those of us who are on this forum) are a VERY small portion of the customer base.

Most people who bought the Epic only know that it works just as well today as it did the day they bought it. For some of us, who bought it early, it works a little better due to the two bug-fix updates that came out early on.

-SF

Upvote 0
man **** samsung!

edited 3:18am
once again samsung just start screwing people out of updates. blaming and giving bs reasons. im tired of it. yes we tech junkies are a small void but a powerful one. how many friends and associates come to us for advice on what to buy? we say dont buy something most of them would consider the other product. so they can go head with what ever they want to bring out next. i will no longer support them.

Upvote 0
My parents are older and both have epics. This being their introduction to smart phones they are pretty overwhelmed with just trying to figure out how to properly use their phones, they could care less about an update to 2.2 and that type of attitude probably represents the masses regarding these phones.
Personally, I didn't want to wait so I am running my Epic rooted on 2.2 with Quantum 2.7 ROM.
Would I like Samsung to be up to date on their releases? Yes. But I bought this phone for its capability and for the open source development.
Overall, Samsung is catching a minimal amount of negativity because of this, not Android.

Upvote 0
if you think so... OK.. you can use my OPEN Source software.. but if you use it.. you have to promise to use it 2 more times!!!

i just cant see how that is going to be worded on a contract.. for an OPEN Source software. it is free to use.. or not use..

customers can drive that benefit... dont buy phones that only get 1 update. send your $ to mfr that show support for up to 2 updates. the more they do.. the more customers get them.. and that will be as strong as a contract.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones