1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is Angry Birds Dead?

1. hmims

hmims Member

I was wanting to know if Angry Birds has ran its course? Is it still going strong or are people moving on to other games. I noticed that Rovio came out with a game called Amazing Alex (which is fun) but is the game a sign of Rovio losing customers.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rachel A

Rachel A Well-Known Member

Funnily enough my dental tech mentioned to me just yesterday that she knows AB is a little old hat but she still loves playing it daily.

I think Rovio did say that they were pretty much done with the AB franchise.

Amazing Alex is not their original creation - they purchased the game from someone else then tarted it up.
  3. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Not sure, they launched Angry Birds Space not that long ago, which I really enjoyed. Loved their implementation of gravity/orbit.
  4. hmims

hmims Member

yea.... I thought the gravity idea was pretty cool myself. But does anybody know if they are loosing players?
  5. 94lt1

94lt1 Well-Known Member

I love angry birds, but my latest addiction is "shoot zombie birds" try it... oh.. sorry, yeah I've been playing less angry birds.. :)
  6. hmims

hmims Member

I saw that on Google Play.... I also saw Zombie birds which looked pretty cool.
  7. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

I read some where that Rovio is making a game where you play as the pigs.

My kids all still love playing all of the Angry Birds and I love Space, I just wish I had bought HD for my tablet instead of the regular one.
  8. edge

edge Well-Known Member

I haven't played it in ages, but kids still play it a lot on my phone and tablet
  9. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

And on our Roku! (well my kids do, I don't think your kids play on our Roku.. But I could be wrong and that would explain all the strange kids in my living room playing Angry Birds...)
  10. treb1797

treb1797 Well-Known Member

11. hmims

hmims Member

lol... thanks for sharing the article. To be honest the only time i ever play Angry Birds is on Google Chrome. Unfortunately, I end up getting tired of replaying the levels because I'm unwilling to pay for other versions. I actually wanted to take a crack at making games myself and its been pretty fun so far.
  12. DMGrier

DMGrier Member

I downloaded angry birds space and it is fun but I just do not find it as good as when I downloaded angry birds and angry birds rio (my favorite). I think they have ran there course so hopefully something new will come from that company.
  13. Sunrider133

Sunrider133 Member

I think, that Angry bird Space is the best one, because previous one was very borning, IMHO
  14. Shinji01

Shinji01 Well-Known Member

I agree. The space version revived the game concept a little bit for me.
  15. TTGSteve

TTGSteve Active Member

Angry Birds Space was pretty cool. My girlfriend and I used to enjoy playing it, but we don't play nowhere near as much as we used to. We probably haven't played in at least 6 months :/
  16. imnotmikal

imnotmikal Well-Known Member Developer

I still open it every once in a while.

Not as much any more, after buying Humble Bundle #3.
  17. HATCHPOWER

HATCHPOWER Well-Known Member

I used to love it until i kept switching phones and having to restart it. I wish that ou can just have a log in and stores your information.
  18. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

19. LexiconStudios

LexiconStudios Well-Known Member

Even as a dead game, I'm sure its still making more money than 99.99% of the games out there, so I guess its all a matter of perspective. I think I heard something about an Angry Birds theme park once too.
  20. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

I still love chunking those birds and do regulary in Space, Seasons, Rio and with Friends. Now I'm also apparently a mechanic building transportation for bad pigs. lol. My new bf keeps saying, I don't understand why they're angry. I tried explaining about the eggs but I think he thought I was yanking his chain. I finally let him see the pics that go together showing the pigs with the eggs and a skillet....then he said.."ooohhh". lol, dork.

Anna
    MacFett likes this.
  21. jameshood

jameshood New Member

I think no, "Angry Bird game" is still popular like as was earlier. I still play this game once in a day.
  22. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

Just seen on facebook that angry birds star wars is out on Nov 8th! :)
  23. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Stopped playing when space came out, the concept was the stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Wasn't even worth wasting $0.99 on. I have all the other games and played the snot out of them, until space was announced.
  24. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

it's the same course as Pac-Man in the 80s once Pac-man Plus came out (which was a really stupid port of the original Pac-Man). also reminds me of Zynga after Farmville got so complicated that it became unplayable.

Like Pac-Man and of course, Oregon Trail, Angry Birds will likely be a remembered piece of history, sometime later in the future.

last i checked the AB games only cost money on iOS. yet another Android perk-they're all free!