Is anyone else affraid their microUSB port will break?

Last Updated:

1. ivanzorkic

ivanzorkic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No matter how careful I am, every time I plug in or plug out the usb cable (to charge the Desire or connect it to a PC) I get a bad feeling that the little "tooth" inside the microusb port on the Desire will break, as it is only 1mm thick. Ofc, this is not the issue with the Desire specifically - but with every device with such a port.

Anyone else has this fear? Am I being paranoid? My dad has a Tattoo and it has a miniusb port that looks like it can survive a nuclear holocaust.

Advertisement
  2. RobbM

RobbM Member

Yes i am a little worried, its the reason iv not bought a dock for it as they seem to use the little port as a way to support all the weight of the phone!

I dont know why the mini usb was phased out really, its super solid, and more devices use it. but then again space is everything these days i suppose! :rolleyes:

3. sandozer

sandozer Well-Known Member

The micro usb is the newer standard connector for small devices like phones. It is rated at 10,000 connect - disconnect cycles. Which is actually more than the old mini-usb rated at only 5,000 cycles.
    So it should last longer....... ;)

4. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

That was my first thought when I made the connection for it does seem rather flimsy digi cameras have this similar type of connection also.

5. bigtart

bigtart Active Member

You are not alone, it seems loose. When i charge every night I am always careful in case it try to put it in the wrong way round.