Is Anyone Else looking for Non-Contract Androids?

Last Updated:

1. diggingeagle

diggingeagle New Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 18, 2010
    I have been waiting and waiting for an android device that isn't a phone and requires no contract. Archos has a line out, but unless you want to get a 7 or 8" tablet, they aren't capacitive or multitouch, and none of them have the market. However, they can shoot HD video and they are very low costs. Then Phillips is producing this Gogear connect thing, which I, first off, dislike the look of in the first place, only run 2.1 and again have no market.

But then, I though I found my holy grail, the rumored YP-MB2 from samsung. The Galaxy S minus the phone. The wonderful legend turned into what is known as the Galaxy player 50, My Samsung Galaxy Player 50 Preview - Samsung Galaxy Player 50 - abi>>forums
    which lacks the amoled, only has a 240 by 400 (I think thats what my pocket pc 2003 had :eek:). It has full google market, though, which is nice, but I'll bet it's hackable on the archos' as well. They also put a half baked 2mp camera on it...

So, so far I would go with the Archos 4.3 inch tablet.
    Do you think more products like this are in the midst, or no?
    Wait for Gingerbread perhaps?
    Have you heard of any more players floating around? I heard something of viliv...