Is anyone else not able to use their 3g?Support

1. non3ko

non3ko Member

Hi guys. I live in the Missouri City area of Texas, right next to Houston. I've had this issue for almost 2 weeks now. I'm not able to use my 3g at all. My 4g however, works just fine, though that connection is on and off. The 3g icon with the up and down arrows lights up for all of a second then grey out. Also three or four out of the five bars are filled. When I go to sprint zone to try and diagnose it, my voice connection is lit up green and working. If I'm connected to 3g the data circle shows up red, and I get the message, "...device appears to be working properly but the network is not responding." If I'm connected to 4g the data circle is green and working with the message, "...data connection (4g) is working correctly". That's when it shows that a PRL update is available. When I try to update my PRL I get the error code: 1012. So I've been going in circles. I called Sprint and they said towers in my area were down and they were "working on it." For 2 weeks now. Could I be having this issue because I rooted my phone? I had this issue a few days after I did. If it has nothing to do with being rooted, do I then need to unroot and go to a Sprint store for help?

Advertisement
    :
  2. liltwan24

liltwan24 New Member

Well I don't know about the root issue but I am also having the same issue. With mine its that when i am connected to 3g it works fine but when i connect to 4g i get the network not responding. My 4g takes about 30 mins to connect it stays on the "Obtaining IP address from sprint" message for like 30 mins. Then when it finaly does connect I can only use the internet for mabye 10-15 mins then the connections goes out. Even though it still shows i have perfect signal i still get the network not responding. So if anyone has an answer for this issue i would greatly appreciate it, and I am in the Austin Texas area and there is coverage all over Austin.
  3. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

Sprint could still be working on the towers. Try a factory reset or see about getting the latest radio updates.
  4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

you are much more patient than I ...I would have done that 12 days ago
  5. liltwan24

liltwan24 New Member

I have already tried the factory reset and they have tried to troubleshoot my device twice already and still no luck
  6. non3ko

non3ko Member

That was the next step for me. I didn't want to do that in the case that my 3g still wasn't working and I wouldn't be able to update anything. For some reason, I can't update my PRL or profile using 4g, it switches back to 3g and I get the 1012 error.

Yes, I'm very patient... Sprint customer service already tried troubleshooting the phone by reprogramming it and updating the profile/prl for like an hour. I still kept getting the 1012 error. I was told the next step was a hard reset. Then if that didn't work, they would then set up a ticket for me.
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

just stop by a repair center.
  8. non3ko

non3ko Member

No need. It's finally working! I changed my MSID and MDN by going into the dial pad and entering ##(my msl code)#, edit mode, then copied the MSID number that was there, and replaced both the MSID and MDN with my telephone number. Rebooted phone, then went back in and replaced the MSID with the original number that was there. Rebooted and for some reason, this time my PRI and PRL updated successfully. I read to change both numbers to your phone number but that didn't work for me. Neither did this work for me when I was on the phone with customer service for an hour and doing the same thing. So I just replaced the original numbers that were there and it worked. I hope your issue is resolved soon liltwan24 because its very frustrating.
    Mr. Ed likes this.
  9. SaleenFiend

SaleenFiend Well-Known Member

Verify your voicemail correctly works now
  10. non3ko

non3ko Member

Yes my voicemail and everything else is working fine. Thanks again for your input.