• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is anyone having an Infinite reboot issue?

dasudevil

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
I have reset my phone 5 times today. Every time I install my backup apps and all i do a reboot to freshen up things. (I reboot at least 1 - 3 times a month). This happened on Saturday when I plugged my phone into the PC it just went into reboot mode and would not get out. Only way this was fixable was to do a master reset under the power+down button selection.

Does anyone have an idea? I am stumped and there seems to be nothing on the web.

I've been having the same problem recently. I'm on a stock MyTouch 4G and have seen my phone go into the continuous reboots several times now. It seems to happen as I plug my phone in for charging or remove it from the charger, so I'm guessing there is a power issue. Every time I've had the problem, it's been plugged into the charger that came with it (plugged into an outlet, not my computer). It loops for at least 5-15 minutes, but seems to come out of the loop eventually. I haven't done a hard reset, but am contemplating doing it in the near future.

Upvote 0
For both of you; what apps are you running? Sometimes apps will conflict and cause issues. I keep a .txt file on my laptop with the app name and time and date installed. If I see issues, I use this file as a sort of restore point and uninstall apps I recently installed to see if the loop or force close or whatever resolves.

I am pretty anal about my phones and computers and would imagine you guys don't have a file like mine. I would sit down and list the apps you have installed and uninstall them. Go back and reinstall them a few at a time and test drive the phone for a day or two. Make sure you keep notes and when/if it starts crashing, look at the notes to see what was installed in the last batch of apps.

Pretty good chance you can ID the culprit that way. It takes a little time, but can help. If you do this, make sure you post your notes here so the rest of us know which apps don't play well with others.

Steve

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I noticed that if the phone sits for a while it would start to work again. So I figured maybe it was an issue with the phone over-heating. So I put the phone in the freezer for 45 seconds. And sure enough it worked. So now every time it gets stuck in the loop, I put it in the freezer and it works afterwards.

Reactions: GothicRose
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones