is anyone having issues sending mms to iphones?Support

Last Updated:

1. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

very weird stuff going on lately...i can send mms to my friends on at&t that DON'T have iphones, they get them just fine. however, EVERYONE i've tried to send an mms to that has an iphone, it never gets through. this is using chomp for the most part, but i've also tried it with the stock messaging app (the girl i sent the message to using the stock messaging app got it once, but i've tried it at least 100 times over the past few days trying to figure out the issue...and she's gotten a message ONCE). regular sms texts go through fine, and i can receive from iphones just fine...

to recap:

incredible mms to at&t non-iphone --> works fine
    incredible mms to at&t iphone --> does not work

at&t iphone mms to incredible --> works fine
    at&t non-iphone mms to incredible --> works fine

anyone else seeing this?

Advertisement
  2. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

It happens with the Eris too. Ir resorted to just emailing my iphone contacts. It may be a google/apple problem.

3. Brian_83

Brian_83 Well-Known Member

AT&T is horrible with MMS. I had an iPhone and pictures took forever to send/receive if they worked at all. Maybe it was just the iPhone.

4. pudgewack

pudgewack New Member

I am also having the same issue. I have sent a several MMS to an iphone on ATT, but the recipient never receives the message. SMS works, but not the MMS.

Matt

5. tifozi

tifozi Well-Known Member

Time to delete those iPhone contacts. Fixed (Sorry couldn't resist :D)

6. ttamnedlog

ttamnedlog Well-Known Member

I MMSed 4 pics today to my friend who has an iphone. She got all 4 of them just fine.

Now... I think she is getting shrunken images (i.e. she can't really zoom in much if at all), but that's a different issue.

7. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

OMG, I'm having the SAME issue and it's annoying me!! This great phone will be utterly USELESS if I can't send an MMS to whoever I want, regardless of their phone...Not to mention, I don't know which friends have the iphone...Any solution yet??

8. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

yes same with eris, I have noticed if I send with stock messaging app on the Dinc they go through, handcent/chomp, nope. So try stock messaging, if that doesnt work follow tifozi's advice. I'm sick of hearing them tell me their phone is better than mine anyway.

9. ifly61ce

ifly61ce Active Member

I think old Iphones Don't support MMS, only the 3GS does. Any chance they are old model Iphones?

10. JE78

JE78 Well-Known Member

last month my friend and I were at a concert. At the time I had an iPhone and was trying to send him pictures on his Moto Droid and he wasn't getting them. Showed them sending find on my end though.

11. brian0488

brian0488 Active Member

Try turning your picture quality all the way down. I know they get scaled down whenever you send a mms, but I think at&t or the iPhone has issues with large mms.

12. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

They have issues with at least HTC phones period. Check Eris and hero forums if you don't believe me. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I think ATT or Apple does it on purpose. I even got a bud to throw his sim in an old pearl so I could send a message and it worked after failing on the iPhone. So just email them its easier than fighting about it.

13. buckweet

buckweet Active Member

I didn't have a problem sending MMS to my ATT blackberry.. It's an issue with the iPhone I believe. Not the Android, verizon, whichever...

You can send MMS to the iphone if you use the built in app (not handcent, unless that has been fixed) and only if you include some text.

14. Kev13Dd

Kev13Dd Active Member

Confirmed

All the ones without text don't get through
    All the ones with text make it through

Text seems help...

K

15. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Not our problem. It's apple/Att. Don't worry about it, just tell your friends to switch from their crap phones/service.

I have sent many mms/sms to all my non-iCrap friends and they receive without problem. If a dumbphone can get my mms, an iphone should be able too also. But alas...

16. coolbone

coolbone Well-Known Member

Oops...Duplicate.

17. izzy35

izzy35 Well-Known Member

I have the solution bc this was annoying the CRAP out of me and almost caused me to return the phone!

If you add a caption to the MMS message, it works. I have gone from 0% success MMS'ing to the iPhone, to 100% success! I don't know why it makes a difference, being that the problem is something dealing with the size of the pic and adding a caption would make it larger, BUT, who cares, IT WORKS!

So just add a quick caption to the MMS and u should be set...

18. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

I hate the iphone. Stupid Apple, it's probably some way of them trying to block spam pictures or something.

19. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

Phone companies just don't want to play nice with each other... ridiculous