Is anyone having issues with installing the new swype beta

Last Updated:

1. thugjedi91

thugjedi91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the email saying that there was an update for the swype beta. In order to update you have to uninstall the installer and the keyboard. I am on bhmans take 5 so i removed it from system/app and wiped the data then attempted to install it and it wont even open it just force closes constantly. If anyone has a working one or can help me with my issue it would be much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. jdmfa5

jdmfa5 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the update is for running the stock 1.5 ROM, so it won't work on 1.6 custom ROM. Search for the thread about Swype expiring and re-install the apk I posted and you should be good to go again. Hope this helps.

thugjedi91 likes this.
  3. dreahdreah

dreahdreah Well-Known Member

didnt even notice the email from them..went to download it says sd card is required the installer pak..ugh..

4. Bugdog

Bugdog Well-Known Member

I had no problems with it at all, running BH_MAN Galaxy R12. Can't say I've noticed any difference yet, but I didn't have any problem installing it after following the directions: uninstall previous installer and Swype, dl new installer and follow the instructions.

5. thugjedi91

thugjedi91 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

can you post the apk none of the swypes i found seem to work it just force closes with out opening