Is anyone having problems charging?

Last Updated:

1. LSUSOBEAST

LSUSOBEAST Member This Topic's Starter

My Captivate has been plugged in for the past 2+ hours and I barely have 40% battery.

Also, my charging cord doesn't stay plugged in. If I pick it up at all while it is charging, the cord falls out.

I love this phone, but this may be a deal breaker. What are the chances these issues are just with the phone? Should I go to AT&T and get a new one?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. King Stampede

King Stampede Well-Known Member

Sounds like a hardware issue. I'd go to AT&T and get a new one. You are still within the 30 days to return it.

3. suprsidr

suprsidr Active Member

Mine takes a long time to charge as well. Thought it was just the way these are.
    Prolly like 6+ hours even with the power off.
    Do I need a new battery? A new phone?
    Or is this the norm?

I do have pretty good battery life(I think)

4. LarrynKy

LarrynKy Active Member

As far as the charger staying in the phone, make sure the access door is all the way open. If should snap right in and stay in nicely. I had the same problem at first but found where the access door was no all the way open. Hope this helps.

LSUSOBEAST and ZDroid1 like this.
  5. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

I just got mine yesterday and have noticed this as well. There is no way it should take 6+ hours with the phone off to charge the battery, especially since overnight it dropped to 1/4 life after a full charge. I'm bringing mine back tomorrow and hoping they can replace the battery.

6. huskerkurt

huskerkurt Well-Known Member

Like the poster above said, first make sure that the door is slid all the way open. If you just slide it without applying much force, it will only slide open about 75% of the way. The last little bit requires a little extra force, and it will click and the raised section of plastic there to grip with your fingernail should be basically flush with the side of the opening. If you didn't have the door all the way open that could have contributed to it taking long to charge, with a weak connection. I just charged my phone from down at 4% battery left, and it took a little over 2 hours to charge.

As for your battery dropping to 1/4 life overnight, you either have a bad battery, or there is something running on your phone (or multiple things) constantly checking for updates, which could cause battery to drop a lot. Depends on the circumstances, but when sitting doing nothing, like when I'm sleeping, my phone has never lost more than a few percentage points of battery. I have WiFi set to never sleep, so when my phone does check for updates, it uses WiFi, which seems to use less power.