is anyone here on verizon?

Last Updated:

1. MongolStomp

MongolStomp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all and greetings from an Eris user. Anyways, (forgive me if this is a dumb question) but is anyone usinga N1 on verizon? The reason I ask is because I know when people sometimes unlock and root phones they can get on any carrier they like. I know tmobile/at&t use different networks than vzw however, but has anyone successfully put one of these bad boys on vzw? or is this just impossible... I really wanted a nexus since i heard about them and when they never made the vzw version I was bummed. I know there's the incredible yadaydad but it's nowwhere near as sexy. Also, the evo style phones aren't supposed to hit vzw till after LTE launches, but I digress...

n1 on vzw possible? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

No it's not possible. The N1 uses GSM networks while Verizon uses CDMA networks. This is one of the reasons why I never liked Verizon because when you travel outside the USA it's more common to find GSM networks rather then CDMA. Verizon's way around this is by "lending" you a world phone which is usually a less caliber phone. I like knowing if I do travel this is a good chance I can still use my N1.

Also the reason why you can't just root the phone is because this is a hardware issue, not software.

3. MongolStomp

bummmmmmmmmouttt. I'm on vzw till spring, by then LTE will be goin and they'll have new b.a. phones out. I just wanted a N1 till then to play with rather than my Eris. Oh welllll, thanks for the info though!

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

droid 2?

5. MongolStomp

not really a fan of Motorola or phones with a physical keyboard