Is anyone running Jelly Bean on your Skyrocket?Support

1. jludwig57

jludwig57 Well-Known Member

Hello all. I was looking to see if anyone was running the Jelly Bean software on their skyrocket. I have the Skyrocket on Gingerbread. It is not a rooted phone from A T & T. I was doing some searching and I noticed that I would have to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich first through Kies then I could do a OTA update to Jelly Bean.

I was wondering what the thought about Jelly Bean where from users.

Advertisement
    :
  2. davidlb512

davidlb512 Active Member

I recommend updating to CyanogenMod 10. It's a custom Android 4.1 ROM. I'm extremely happy with it so far, and they are soon to release CyanogenMod 10.1, which will be Android 4.2. You'll have to root your Skyrocket first, but that isn't that hard to do.
  3. jludwig57

jludwig57 Well-Known Member

I am not quite sold on rooting quite yet. It is because I don't know what I exactly I would be doing. I guess I could do some more research and look further into it.
  4. digitaldroid

digitaldroid Active Member

I installed Cyanogenmod 10 about 2 weeks ago and love my phone again. Jellybean runs smooth no problems at all. Got tired of waiting for at&t also really tired of all the bloatware they continue to install after updates. My phone was constantly crashing or running out of memory.

I simply used Odin to install clockmod recovery then flashed CM10 and all done with in a few minutes. Very simple to do... no regrets here. I was just careful and followed the simple videos I found on youtube.
  5. tbreen1966

tbreen1966 New Member

There's not currently an OTA update from AT&T to jelly bean. I have been having trouble with my native e-mail locking up on a regular basis, after upgrading to CM10, the problem appears to have gone away.
  6. Skyrocket_user

Skyrocket_user New Member

I successfully rooted and am now running on jellybean on the skyrocket. The only problem I have is that the Google Play Store is no where to be found on my phone. I have tried manually downloading the Google play store but to no avail. I've been experiencing this problem for a few days now..
  7. baj39

baj39 New Member

Hi,
    Could you elaborate a bit on the procedure you followed and the clockmod recovery version you used?
    Thanks
    Baj39
  8. Nerowoof

Nerowoof Member

9. adamp961

adamp961 Member

I have been running cm10 for 5-6 weeks and now cm10.1 and live it. I'd anyone decides to do it please take your time and follow the instructions and there are plenty you tube videos.

Good luck