is anyones 3g connection consistent?Support

Last Updated:

1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When im at my house 3g drops in and out like every other 5 seconds I was just wondering if this is normal or not.

Advertisement
  2. MiamiFin33

MiamiFin33 Active Member

I constantly lose 3g coverage. I have no 3g at work or at my parents house. Its terrible.

3. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

A lot of times I have 3G coverage, but the connection just isn't used..

it's wierd because a lot of times im trying to use an app and cant use them because the 3G isnt woriking..

Anytime this happens I activate "Fast Reboot" (app from the market) and it works again. Probobly will be fixed w/ Frozen Yogurt.

4. Sublimation

Sublimation Active Member

My connection is fairl consistent. I never drop 3G, even in spots where my iPhone and AT&T would lose it like clockwork. I have a handful of times noticed a major drop in speed for a few moments, but the 3G indicator doesn't go off. This could of course be a fluke, and I am actually losing 3G momentarily.

bennec likes this.
  5. Cerrian

Cerrian Member

I've found that if my X is actively connected to a wireless network then the 3G will go inactive (or at least the symbol drops off the screen) until a 3G service is required or if connection to the wireless network is lost for whatever reason. This was testable by toggling WiFi on and off.

6. redgtconv

redgtconv Well-Known Member

I live in Miami and the signal is pretty strong all over town, however, when in my house I can be sitting on the couch and watch the 3g signal go up and down then go to 1x then right back to 3g. But I also noticed that the speed at which the browser works varies greatly even when the signal indicator does'nt.

7. thehaggis

thehaggis Active Member

When signal strength is strong, it's very solid, when it's avg, it's in and out of 3G constantly. I'm assuming Verizon is doing a similar bullshit math with the signal strength bars as Apple did. It might account for the "I'm in 3G, I'm in 1x, I'm in 3G,....."

8. Phoenix Zero

Phoenix Zero Well-Known Member

My connection hasn't dropped once yet. In fact, i use it over wifi because of how solid it is.

9. MarkAllan22

MarkAllan22 Active Member

At home, my connection is usually very strong (3-4 bars), but at work, it's jumpy.

10. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

This may also be a tower issue where the phone is jumping channels. Even on my WM and Incredible the 3G bars would bounce from full to none and back.

11. taraseamus

taraseamus Member

New to Verizon, found my signal was totally irratic.3g one minute , 1x the next then NOTHING! Oh well, called and was told that because I am @ the base of the mountain I am probably only getting access 2 1 tower, will try to go thru house till I can find a sweet spot where I get more stable signal later...