Is at&t web down fore other milestone users?General

Last Updated:

1. jtorral

jtorral Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, cannot connect to web today after happily surffing for the past 2 weeks.

Advertisement
  2. merkman

merkman Active Member

Funny you should post that. I've had the EXACT same problem. Spent about 2 hours on chat with them, after 2 pulling my hair out alone. Then went to the local AT&T store, where first a regular employee, then the manager tried to help. Both were VERY cool, and the manager discovered if we used proxy settings (I'd never needed them before) that the phone would get to SOME mobile website. But without it, it's like the data is dead.

Don't bother replacing your sim, changing browser settings, etc. I'm now CONVINCED AT&T did something to the wap.cingular settings that caused the issue. Even though when I put the sim in my older Windows Mobile device that phone APPEARS to work. Probably going to take a few more people realizing the problem, and someone a new user account or SOMETHING to make this work. But at the moment, I have a factory reset phone, new sim, and NOTHING else. :(

3. seattleboi1982

seattleboi1982 Member

where are you all located. I am out here in seattle, and using a HTC Magic from Rogers and a Telus Motorola Milestone with no issues.

4. merkman

merkman Active Member

I'm in the Pacific Northwest as well, and my unlocked Motorola Milestone has been a paperweight since yesterday.

I currently got wireless working so I could setup my gmail syncing, and I'm about get that going in Settings, but it's gonna take hours to setup my apps, etc... and I'm STILL not sure why my data plan suddenly doesn't work. :(

5. ForBirdie22

ForBirdie22 Member

I'm having the same problem with the market app, it won't connect but the internet part will at times, slower than before though.